My car was repossessed by Usaa while i was in Iraq Is this legal?

Ok so I did 3 tours with the 101st while I was on active duty I was honorably discharged for 6 months and was Recalled on Irr. I was one of the first group of solders to get drafted back into the Army. This was Back in 2009 It wasn't very structured. My military allotments weren't set up properly. And I was a Engineer I would go out of the wire for months at a time and come in to refit to FOBs that had internet. I found out that USAA Repossessed my vehicle and sold it at an auction without my knowledge 4 months into My 1 year deployment.. Ive disputed it and called several times they will not delete it from my credit report. Ive pled my case and they will not budge. Ive payed them in full as well and they still wont remove it... Do I have any options?

Ok Im asking for educated answers.. Listen communicating to chain of command has nothing to do with your car payment. Im responsible. Dfas mixed up my allotments. By the time I found out about it the car was gone.. I wasn't a POG with internet.. I was at Fobs that were getting attacked making it safer for them to live.. I just need this item removed. I told them I was deploying before I left.. I don't wanna hear about how I was irresponsible that couldn't be further from the truth. I was in charge of 8 solders.. Making good combat decisions that kept my solders safe.

Favorite Answer

Whatever protection you have as active duty military is VOID if you don't inform the creditors of your status. As long as your chain of command had the ability to contact you, you have NO excuse for not properly informing them.

Contact the three credit reporting agencies. See what they can do. If that doesn't work...an attorney will have to sue USAA to get them to remove it.

Yes, of course.