Have you ever found anything worth risking your life for?

For your listening enjoyment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXxM0Wz1q8I

Youtube thumbnail

Best Answer

Sure ....

In Vietnam we risked our lives to protect each other in combat.. We risked our lives at different times to save our family of fellow soldiers. .... We did not risk our lives for the American flag or for apple pie,or to give freedom to the South Vietnamese. === go figure

(((Kel)))) I can recieve mail, but cannot depend of being able to reply. So here are a few answers to the questions you asked in an e-mail lately.

Boot camp for Officer Candidates = Spokane Washington

Training for Vietnam = Colorado Springs Vietnam Village Mock up.

Part of my book:

‘Four hours to target,’ read the display on his monitor.

He thought about his last tour of duty in combat, before he cross-trained into the science department. He smiled at why AEC drafted him. To play first base for their intermural baseball team and to hit the ball into the bleachers, he recalled.

Papagee spoke to the dashboard of his aircraft, as if telling a story to a friend sitting across from him. “My last combat mission seemed like a cakewalk compared to what one of my ancient ancestors had to face in a jungle war.”

He flipped open his pocket computer and read from the memoirs of his late great uncle.

"’Today is the last day of the rest of your life,’ read the sign at each of

the three entrances to the jungles; snake-infested sweaty swamps under the double canopy trees, places where their King Cobras were the least danger to us.

“The Kraits, the three varieties of Kraits, were our biggest worry among the animal kingdom. No anti-venom had been produced for those long thick gray snakes. Then, of course, there were the black pajama boys, the Cong irregulars. They were the ones who could live in a tunnel for months just to get the advantage one time and ambush an unsuspecting patrol of our ground troops. To kill us or maim us, it didn't seem to matter to them. Just so they could get our guns and steal our supplies.

“They also did it so they could steal my captain bars and sell them on the black market, or so they could get our thin gold plates wrapped in small canvas cloths with phonetic instructions that read, ‘Take this soldier safely back to his people, and we will give you another gold plate the same size as this one.’ They never returned us, not once. They just robbed us, dead or alive."

The sound of a radar blip distracted Papagee from his reading. “One hour to target,” said the audio alert.

Source(s): My novel ... "Breakfast with God"
  • Wayf

Heh. When I was young everything was

worth risking my life for. I hitch-hiked

thousands of miles by myself - one of

my favorite life-risking activities from

back in the day.

After I settled down it became my

children, and still is to this day.

I suppose I could add several

surgeries to the list. Although I

didn't feel as though I was risking

my life, I realize the possibility

was certainly there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNlMmWuH98

Youtube thumbnail

No but I also like Men at Work, Split Enzs, Sherbet, Little River band, The Who and many others

Staying alive to live and love everything and everyone, having the knowledge i could die of SDS at any moment has given me a sense of my enjoying every moment i am here on this earth.

Source(s): me

Marshmallows are pretty good.

If there was a fire I'd run back in to get them, because I store my marshmallows right next to my chocolate and graham crackers in case there is a fire so when I grab them all I have a smore pre-made.

Bacon

D

I stood on a corner and this lady was starving, so I tried my best to bring her back to life. Just as I got to her...I went to pull her from the roadway. She hardly has grasps of air....Then this big McDonalds truck drove by......and I tossed her and myself into the ditch. The last word I remember hearing from her parched lips were!!!!!! "BI MA". "BIG MAC". I gave her CPR....it didn't help...she had chocked on her Super Sized Fry. May She rest in Piece!

My life

Source(s): Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have found somebody who is worth it.

Both my son and my sister.

I would give my all to save either one.

Ever read "The Road"? That's me and my son. I would do whatever it took .........for him.