Does Obama support Freedom more than Conservatives do?

On social issues Conservatives want to control people's personal lives and ban personal choices while Obama supports freedom of choice

1.Obama supports Gay Marriage

2.Obama supports Gays adopting kids

3.Obama supports Women's Right to Choose

4.Obama supports legalizing Marijuana

CONSERVATIVES WANT EVERYTHING BANNED

1.Conservatives want to ban Gay Marriage

2.Conservatives want to ban Gays adopting kids

3.Conservatives want to ban Abortion

4.Conservatives want to ban Marijuana

Favorite Answer

The definition of liberal ...

lib·er·al

ˈlib(ə)rəl/

adjective

adjective: liberal

1.

open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.

"they have more liberal views toward marriage and divorce than some people"

favorable to or respectful of individual rights and freedoms.

"liberal citizenship laws"

synonyms: tolerant, unprejudiced, unbigoted, broad-minded, open-minded, enlightened;

(in a political context) favoring maximum individual liberty in political and social reform.

"a liberal democratic state"

synonyms: progressive, advanced, modern, forward-looking, forward-thinking, progressivist, enlightened, reformist, radical More

regarding many traditional beliefs as dispensable, invalidated by modern thought, or liable to change.

=======================

The definition of conservative ...

con·serv·a·tive

kənˈsərvətiv/

adjective

adjective: conservative

1.

holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.

synonyms: traditionalist, traditional, conventional, orthodox, old-fashioned, dyed-in-the-wool, hidebound, unadventurous, set in one's ways; More

moderate, middle-of-the-road, buttoned-down;

informalstick-in-the-mud

"our more conservative neighbors may object to the modern architecture being proposed"

=======================

Thus, purely by definition it is easy to see why the parties travel to the beat of a different drummer.

The reps focus on their desire to rearrange the past where they disagree ... ie ... they want to eliminate unions, reverse Roe v Wade, repeal Obama care etc. This and obstructing the dems (who are trying to forge ahead w/ improvements/solutions) is what motivates the rep party.

Notice how strongly averse to Obama care they are while they don't have a plan to replace it with. That, all by it self sums up the rep party. They can itemize an endless list about why something won't work but don't submit a viable solution about what will.

So yes, the dems/Obama are more open minded for freedom.

Conservative here.

1) Gay marriage - I don't care but you should not get any financial benefits. The benefits were created for raising families. That mean no tax breaks, benefits governmental or employer, inheritence or anything that has to do with raising a family. Unless you raise a family.

2) Better than the alternative

3) Most conservatives are not against early term but are against late term with a lot of gray area in between. If you want to compare you to your socialist wing then go ahead and compare us to the neoconservatives.

4) Not so. I know lots of Conservatives that light up. Both extremes want a police state because both want to control the population through laws and the more the better to them. Conservatives are actually closer to Libertarians.

Now the funny thing is that your side attacks the Tea Party which actually has no consideration to any of the points that you brought up ecxcept for the financial side of gay marriage.

• ?

I notice that you forgot to mention all the social issues that liberals like to interfere with.

Making law about what we are allowed to eat.

Smoking laws.

Laws supporting junk science AKA carbon taxes.

Government doesn't belong in the social engineering business. Gay marriage is an oxymoron as there is no such thing. Gay couples could have had everything they wanted from government if they hadn't tried to co-opt the term marriage. Marriage is the coming together of a man and a woman to begin a family. But gay advocates felt the they had to push their belief (that is false to fact) that their relationships are the same as traditional marriage.

The way they have pursued the issue is what I expect from a child who wants all the toys and isn't willing to listen to reason about why he can't have them.

Okay, as a conservative I can firstly memtion you forgot that Obama does support taking away guns and spying on us. Obama makes conservatives work our a**es off for lazy people who have iPhones while I have a 5 year old phone. So that's why some of us our so pi**y. Anyways, why would anybody with morals support abortion? Would you want to be killed? Or aborted? What if your king and savior Obama was aborted? See it don't feel so good does it? As far as gays go, that's immoral and it can spread diseases like AIDS and hepatitis. My grandpa was a nurse, he had a gay man there with a hamster up his butt and had HIV. I smoke pot all the time with many of my conservative friends. Ron Paul, was a conservative who supported pot. So do I. Conservatives don't want guns banned.

I support a woman's right to choose. Having unprotected sex should not be mandatory for any woman. Once she chooses to do it though, explain why she should not bear the consequences of her poor choice?

If a liberal jumps off a cliff, should Obama pass a law to make the ground get out of the way so the liberal doesn't suffer the consequences of a bad choice?

Wanting to BAN something and simply not supporting it, are two different things my dear. Maybe you should take a look at what LIBERALS are ACTUALLY doing to limit your choices!

Limit the size of the soda cup you use

(because you can't be trusted not to drink too much soda)

Ban Happy Meals in San Francisco

(because you can't be trusted to feed your kids properly)

Have special elections on issues like gay marriage

(then sue when they don't get the election results they wanted)

Raise taxes on things like cigarettes

(because smoking is bad, and if you smoke you're stupid and need to pay for it)

Raise taxes on anybody making a certain amount of money

(because clearly you can afford it, and probably don't deserve it anyway)

The list goes on and on, but try disagreeing with a liberal and see where it gets you.

I think you're over simplifying these issues .. also I've never read or heard anything about President Obama wanting to legalize marijuana.

All in all I think conservatives support freedom more. I see the democrats as socialists - bordering on communists. doesn't scream freedom to me. It screams gulag

federal grubberment has no business (or Constitutional authority) to butt in on homosexual marriage/adaption (or Normal marriage/adaption for that matter)

federal grubberment has no business (or Constitutional authority) to mandate that the entire nation be forced to provide and pay for an irresponsible woman's right to murder her unborn child

I do believe that it should also be up to the individual States to decide whether or not to legalize weed or anything else people choose to put in their bodies, however, I think that they should ensure that if you want to get high, you are ineligible for public assistance of any type. If you can afford to catch a buzz, you don't need to be mooching off of the rest of us.

See Amendment 10 of the US Constitution to understand my reasoning.

Source(s): Amendment 10 of the US Constitution

Obama flip-flopped on Gay Marriage just in time for elections.

Women are not above natural law. The DNA of another person do not belong to you and therefore you are not given right to exterminate them.

Obama changes his opinion on weed depending on who he's speaking too.

How about the freedom to keep what you earn without having it confiscated by the government?

How does Obama stand on that one?