Does usps lie about delivering?

To start off im very pist at them. today saturday september 7 i waited all day for one of my college textbooks to arrive by delivery. turns out they "say" they tried to deliver it to me at 4:20 on their online tracking system but that is bullshit because waited all day for them doing absolutely nothing!... show more To start off im very pist at them. today saturday september 7 i waited all day for one of my college textbooks to arrive by delivery. turns out they "say" they tried to deliver it to me at 4:20 on their online tracking system but that is bullshit because waited all day for them doing absolutely nothing! and that was actually the 3rd problem ive had with them THIS WEEK with different packeges. The reason im pist is because i really need that textbook by monday since i have class in college at 8:30 and i have to absolutely have it there that day. what angers me is that they didnt deliver it claiming that they tried same thing happened on wednesday where they marked my package as delivered and turns out it was at the post office and and same thing on thursday they marked it as attempt delivery but never delivered it nor left a note which they claim they did, so i checked online and it said i could pick it up at the post office. so i went to the post office the next day to pick up my package and they said it wasn't there that it "could be on the truck again" im like really! so i went back home and checked my mailbox for any mail and latter i went outside again and i found my package on top of the mail boxes and trust me " they didnt even bother to ring the bell and left it there" why not leave it there the day before! by the way i live on a building so anybody could have taken my package i hadn't gone outside so... long story short does the post office lie about attempting to deliver or do they just do it to "meet" the delivery date even if they dont have the package with them

but yeah im so pissssst at them because i really need my book asap. and is there any way that i can pick up my package during lobby hours 6am-9am because i leave at 7:00 to my college and obviously dont have time to pick it up during business hours 9-5

I appreciate any answers or experiences
and im sorry for my grammar and run-on sentences but im really mad and just wanted to ask this question as soon as possible.