is it time for Jeff Gordon to retire from NASCAR or does he still have it.?

he hasn't won a lot in the last 5 seasons he won 2 in 2009 then he went winless in 2010, won 3 in 2011, 2 races last season and so far, he's has zero wins this year and almost made the chase only to blow it on the last restart of tonight's race to end his chances of winning a championship this year. sure he's had good races and bad races in the past couple of seasons.

big question is, does Jeff Gordon still have it or is it time for him to start looking at life after NASCAR.

i worried for Jeff as he's still can get top 5s and top 10s but has yet to break through and win one this season and he's been in 2 straight up and down seasons. he's the reason why i became a NASCAR fan and i now root for not just him but all of the Hendrick Motorsports stable of drivers. with Jimmie Johnson my favorite now.

do you think Jeff Gordon still has it or is it time for him to retire from NASCAR.

• Josh
    Favorite Answer

No, not yet, but he has definitely seen his better days in NASCAR; with his age, that is expected, though. While bad luck has plagued him a bit the last couple of years, he just isn't the high caliber driver that he used to be. I don't personally think that he "should" retire, but Jeff doesn't strike me as one to be a field filler, which he is slowly turning into. If this mediocrity continues throughout the next few seasons, I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see him retire.

Who knows, though. Junior was basically in the same position not long ago at all and a crew chief change proved to be a lifesaver for him; perhaps the same could happen for Jeff, if that team decides to take that route in the off-season.

• Hawk M

I'm no fan of Jeff or Jimmie, But I'd give another year, or 2.

He's still a good driver, but the "edge"?

I tend to favor ex dirt sprint drivers. They know how to really drive a car, loose, tight, etc.

3 current cup drivers with multiple championships, are ex dirt sprint drivers.

• mbl

Not yet. He is still competitive. Just tonight, he started on pole, and led a bunch of laps.

Hasn't he said he's gonna retire in the next couple of years? I believe so.

He will answer that when he feels he is no longer competitive.