Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should I promote my company with email or postcards?

I have been getting conflicting information on the costs and benefits of advertising with email and postcards. Which one is better? Is there any research?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Jake
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Often you just have to test to see what works better for your product, bear in mind some studies have found some people require up to 7 exposures to a brand or product before they have the feeling of trust and good will needed to buy, a diversity of ad sources can be good, some direct mail marketers (marketing high end services) send a series of mailings like an email campaign.

Postal mail is actually not as restricted as email, Can-Spam regulations forbid sending promotions to someone you have no relationship with, it's not legal to buy some list pf thousands of names and email to them, you would have to build up a mailing list that people have subscribed to typically from an opt-in page on your web site. There are email list owners who will mail to their list on your behalf in a "Solo Ad" or will insert a classified ad in their newsletter., it's arranged in a rather informal way through emails, here's one source: http://residualandinstantleads.info/solo-ad-direct...

Professional email marketers with their own lists commonly use an "Autoresponder" email management service like Aweber, ConstantContact, to manage their list and send the mailings, they are technically able to get a higher percentage of deliveries than a personal email account, and can send out canned, email sequences on a predefined schedule, so on the 10th day after subscribing fopr example, each person gets the same message.

There are demographically targeted postal mail rental lists of people who have subscribed to a magazine, filled in a warranty card, bought from a particular store... http://lists.nextmark.com/ (they add their own monitoring addresses to catch people reusing the list)

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This would depend on your demographics.

If you are a local business then reaching the local community would probably be served best via direct marketing such as postcards or posters and fliers etc. But if your product or service is marketable to a wider audience then email is definitely the way to go. Email marketing has a greater reach with far less input and less costs and if you implement an email marketing autoresponder service and write a sequence of helpful emails then your customer list will grow automatically.

• 6 years ago

In my point of view you should contact with Adtrafficking(dot)net. They will promote your websites.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.