Does Scotland have a better future being part of the UK?

I want what is best for Scotland, most people aren't even understanding why people want independence, they say stupid things like "I want to get away from the English" which is stupid. The English aren't that bad! there are many English people in Scotland.

What I want if Scotland because independant:

Controlled Immigration. [:

Better Quality of Life! [:

What's best for my Country..

Also, apparently - in the future - the world will be fighting for resources, will Scotland have more resources if we leave the UK? or will we struggle. I want to know if we have a better quality of life now and for the future if we leave the UK, because right now I don't want to leave the UK.

Main reasons why:

The UK is one of the strongest countries in the world.

The UK has the 5th best army in the world!

The UK has a strong currency - The Pound.

The UK has a strong economy. (the oil won't last forever!) 8th richest economy in the world.

The UK is part of the EU which is currently the world's largest economy.

Will we have more Food, Water, Oil. etc if Scotland becomes independent, now and the future?

Should we vote Yes or No?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Tearex
    Lv 4
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are really interested in answers to your questions I urge you to please watch the video links below.

To answer a few of your points :

1. "apparently - in the future - the world will be fighting for resources" - We are doing that already. However Scotland generates more energy than it uses and currently has a very high standard of renewable energy which has even greater potential to expand. What we don't use we can sell.

2. "I want to know if we have a better quality of life now and for the future if we leave the UK" - Nothing can be promised. The same goes for staying in the UK can you say your quality of life will not get worse in the UK? No. Anything can happen. The issue is that what currently happens is controlled by the city of London and the rest of the SE of England. They have a population that far exceeds Scotlands, they also have very different political views. Scottish votes count for nothing at the moment the country's leadership is decided by the South East. This is also why the majority of decisions are made to benefit the SE regardless of their impact elsewhere.

3. "right now I don't want to leave the UK" - Why not? Don't you want a voice that matters?

4. "The UK is one of the strongest countries in the world." - I don't know what you mean by strongest? Do you mean military strength? If so we are nothing compared to USA, China, Russia...

5. "The UK has the 5th best army in the world!" - See the video about size

6. "The UK has a strong currency - The Pound." - We are in a strong position to keep the pound if we chose to do so after independence.

7. "The UK has a strong economy. (the oil won't last forever!) 8th richest economy in the world." - Watch the videos to see how well Scotland does.

8. "The UK is part of the EU which is currently the world's largest economy." - The SE want out of the EU if you want to stay independence would be the best option.

9. "Will we have more Food, Water, Oil. etc" - Scotland produces more food, water and oil than it consumes. Extra is all profit.

Source(s): http://vimeo.com/62217976 - 10 points that answer popular unionist nonsense http://vimeo.com/65472911 - Bigger military strength and population size does not mean better. http://vimeo.com/12458284 - Very interesting video numerous points raised and addressed (it's a long one though about half an hour)
  • 7 years ago

Here is what i think, ill start off from were you said Controlled Immigration. [:

You would have no control over Immigration,why do you think England has problems with Immigration? because were part of the EU and Scotland wil still be part of it. Scotland like the rest of the EU countries will have to have open boarders.

Better Quality of Life,

Not sure, An indy Scotland will have to pay for everything itself, like a new army, airforce, navy, schools and everyting else, so were does the money come from? Oil? what if Scotland does not get all the oil money? what if it gets half? Then money would have to be cut in other areas to make up for the loses. that would damage better quality of Life?.

Scotland would have more oil but thats about it,

The UK is one of the strongest countries in the world. Obe of them yes

The UK has the 5th best army in the world! maybe?

The UK has a strong currency - The Pound. yes

The UK has a strong economy. (the oil won't last forever!) 8th richest economy in the world. yes

The UK is part of the EU which is currently the world's largest economy.-- the world's largest economy is the U.S

as for Food, Water then yes but why would you need more?? oil yes but how much????? how long will it last? and when its gone then what?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.