Why people dont like "old movies"?

Im 14 years old and i love classic movies and I hate when people are always complaining about movies that were made before 2000's. For example: When was my birthday I invited some friends to spend a night watching a horror movie, I collect some horror movies from 80's (halloween, friday the 13th, the... show more Im 14 years old and i love classic movies and I hate when people are always complaining about movies that were made before 2000's.

For example:
When was my birthday I invited some friends to spend a night watching a horror movie, I collect some horror movies from 80's (halloween, friday the 13th, the exorcist, the thing) because i think they are the better ones and one of my friends said "dont you have the remakes, they must be really better than this sh*****"
Other example: me and my sister were in a shop and there was a box with lots of cheap DVDs and my sister says "isn't that the catsby....oh forget it....its the old one....."

HHHHHRRRRRRRRRRR -.-

Old movies are movies like something else, just for being made 30 years old is bad!!!! I mean.... really?????

PS:Im not english, so if my english is bad....