Does the accord 03 has any transmission problem generally?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

Yes, truly horrible transmission problems. The 2003 Accord was the poster child for the Great Honda Automatic Transmission Debacle of 1998-2004. The problems were so severe that the 2003 Accord is rated as the second worst vehicle in carcomplaints.com - see the first source. In fact, in the 1997 Accord they received 8 complaints about the transmissions; in the 2003 model year they received 869 complaints about the transmissions. The carcomplaints rating for the vehicle is "Avoid like the plague." I was active in a Honda forum at the time and members were agonizing about having the transmission replaced twice by Honda under warranty and the third replacement was at their expense. Gentle driving helped somewhat, but the transmissions could not stand normal use.

The third source has a plausible explanation for the nightmare of those transmissions.

• 7 years ago

Yes. The problem is it's a cheap foreign car.

Get something American and well built. A Ford Taurus or Focus will last you YEARS before anything is wrong with them.

Source(s): Have an 82 Ford truck with original trans running like new :)
  • 7 years ago

Not nessicery,

The accord is one of the most reliable cars ever made. I would not worry, or avoid it.

If however it is a V6 (6 Cylinder) with a automatic I would avoid it if you are an aggressive driver. (Will be just fine for normal driving)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.