Is the accord '05 a good buy as a used car?

Favorite Answer

Yes. Accords and Civics are really good cars. I have a 1999 Honda Civic and it runs perfectly. My friend has a Accord ( don't know what year) and its still running without ANY problems. If its and 05 accord and it cheap(5000-6000) buy it. Really reliable car.

Source(s): My life and experienses.

the accord gives tranny problems i suggest looking at other cars honda is so overrated I'm a mechanic and I see civics with blown head gaskets and not even at 90k miles at least 10 times a month we just replaced one and the civic was a 2012. most people just hear stories about over car brands but never drive one. I've owned almost every brand but German cars and i never really had major problems, if you keep up with you car i will last you. don't be another mindless sheep following the honda heard

Honda's are expensive used cars because of their perception of being very reliable. They hold their resale value well. But YES, a used Accord is a great car as long as you find one that hasn't been abused or neglected.

Yes. But any specific car, Honda or not, can have problems. Get a Carfax report and have a mechanic look it over before you buy.

If the price is right. Honda make good cars