Future Concept Commercial aircraft project?

I am doing an Aeronautical Engineering MEng research project based on a new conceptual design, but I have spent ages trying to think of something that I know that I would enjoy doing. I originally wanted to do a brand new commercial aircraft that would achieve a 70% reduction in fuel usage, based on NASA's... show more I am doing an Aeronautical Engineering MEng research project based on a new conceptual design, but I have spent ages trying to think of something that I know that I would enjoy doing. I originally wanted to do a brand new commercial aircraft that would achieve a 70% reduction in fuel usage, based on NASA's future concepts, but I was told by other classmates to avoid this as it is a very difficult thing to improve on. My others ideas included STOL commercial airliner and an airliner powered by liquid hydrogen, but there is no market for the former and the latter requires more research beyond my level since it would require proper analysis on future technology.I simply dont have time to do all that (we only have from Sept to Dec to carry out the research, and then hand in the project at the end of January). Any ideas guys?
Update: Instead of the rude comments, I have been looking into ideas for months now, instead of playing "stupid" computer games.