how to connect creative A520 5.1 speaker to sony LED tv?

I have sony bravia 32w600a TV and i have digital audio out, how can i connect my creative A520 5.1 speaker to this tv with digital out?

• Lance
    Favorite Answer

The Creative A520 is a computer speaker system that connected to a surround sound sound card inside a computer the sound card is used to decode the surround and send it to the various speakers...Your TV does not have that..The way the HDTV was designed it uses an AV receiver with Dolby or DTS for processing surround. Your speakers do not adhere to the dolby standard so they will not work that way only in stereo at best with an adaptor...there may be some kind of gaming console that has outputs for your speakers but also has an optical in so that you could connect the TV to that..but I'm not aware which gaming console will do that....there are also some AV receivers that have analog surround output connections but those type units are getting pretty rare....

Thats wrong because I am able to connect my Samsung 7 series TV to Create A520. Its just that it only plays 2 channels i.e. 2 speakers and one Subwoofer.

I tried connecting the same speakers to my external sound card of computer and all 5 speakers +subwoofer works just perfectly.

Creative A520

• Advait

Most feel that Creative is a good speaker and try to connect to TV, even I felt that. But Creative sounds worst with TV. Its limited to PC only.

You will need a soundbar if you really need good sound quality. They are made for TV. The optical out is given for them.

Sony is know for great sound and picture quality. Creative won't be better than that.

http://www.techradar.com/news/home-cinema/home-the...

You don't. That is a computer speaker system, made for close listening, on a computer that has discrete analog outputs.

Your TV is none of that. You need a whole room surround system that has digital inputs amongst things.

You can't connect speakers directly to a TV. You need a receiver/amplifier