What does a police officer do at the scene of a car accident?

I feel that the police officer didn't handle the accident correctly. Could an actual officer tell me what and how a police officer handles a car accident?
Update: The accident was in front of a College and the street was residential;however, after the accident, although there was no traffic with the cars, the police officer told us to move the cars. And also, the police officer talked to the other woman and said it was my fault for the collision before taking my word. When I... show more The accident was in front of a College and the street was residential;however, after the accident, although there was no traffic with the cars, the police officer told us to move the cars. And also, the police officer talked to the other woman and said it was my fault for the collision before taking my word. When I asked if he would listened to my side of the incident he laughed. My car was hit really bad and I had no camera and he didn't take pictures. Its funny too, because I got my report and he positioned my car wrong trying to position it like its my fault.
Update 2: He didn't even talk to any of the witnesses, but i found like six people. Can you tell me if this is fair.