Who do i start at T.E. Owen Daniels or Zach Sudfeld ?

Owen Daniels is the #2 target right now in Houston, but Sudfeld will be starting in New England in a Aaron Hernandez role.

I also have Brady in case anyone's opinion would change. Sorry I left that little fact out. Been playing for 10 years and can't believe I'm sweating this decision.

• Marc
    Favorite Answer

I am in the same dilemma. The ESPN experts average ranking has Sudfeld 6 spots ahead of Daniels if that's any help. I think Daniels is probably the safer pick to at least get some points, but Sudfeld has a chance to get a lot of points.

So with that in mind, I think am taking the gamble on Sudfeld this week.

There are two other possible factors that I think might come in to play:

1. The Patriots (i.e Robert Kraft and Belichick) would probably love to see a breakout performance by a new TE that would help wipe away the memory of Aaron Hernandez. It might also be a bit of a message to Hernandez himself, as in "We just replaced you, you murdering punk who betrayed the trust we placed in you. Rot in jail and think on that!" Thus I would think that Sudfeld will be significantly included in the game plan and at least be given a chance to prove himself.

2. After seeing Mannings performance last night, Brady has to be chomping at the bit to get out on the field and show that he's still just as elite. And, like Manning made great use of his huge new TE, Brady also has a huge new TE in Sudfeld that he probably wants to test out as well.

U gotta go with Owen Daniels since the running game is kinda messed-up. Also, he's a huge target in the end zone...

Sudfeld has more upside. If you are the underdog put him in for sure. I would probably start him either way because they will have a lot of offense against the Bills and Sudfeld will be a part of it. He is sure to get some inzone targets. OD is a great option and souls put up numbers but I don't see him getting double digits. Sudfeld has a good shot to.

• TB

Owen Daniels to be safe for week 1 but if Sudfeld does well, I'd start him instead.