haveing trouble with my ar15 rail and iron sights?

I bought a UAG AR15 AR-15 M4 CARBINE RIFLE QUAD 4-WEAVER/PICATINNY RAIL and a set of Magpul MBUS Gen 1 sights but the front sight will not fit onto the quad rail but the rear one will fit on my upper receivers rail. What a not terribly expensive quad rail that will fit my slip up sights?

Best Answer

I think you just have a Magpul MBUS sight that happens to be too tight. I had the same problem too but nothing was too troublesome with a hammer. I had to tap -- not whack -- to get the front sight into position. Tap as much as you can until you get the front sight into position before replacing the screw and securing it for good.

If tapping is not enough, check if the edge of the rail may need a bit of sanding -- oh and just sand an area for the MBUS sight and not the entire length of the rail.

It also happened to me that the rear sight slid itself thru immediately and with no problem. The front sight may have been designed that way simply because it sits closest to the muzzle where the blast and energy is expelled... Well, I could be wrong with my last statement! A stupid assumption! LoL!

Source(s): Personal Experience.

I've used Magpuls hand guards for while now. They are not the traditional "quad rail" but they can adapt for multiple rails. The price and quality is amazing as well. Be sure to select the proper length for your application though.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2319238829/magpul...

Source(s): Professional Use.