Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

Where does wasted time go?

I recently read a story by Harlan Ellison called "Count the Clock That Tells the Time". In it, there is a place where people who waste their lives go to...well, do nothing, really. Obviously such a place doesn't exist in real life, but it got me wondering: Where does wasted time go? And can we actually waste time? Is there really a proper way to use it? There's no real set answers to these questions, I'm just wondering what people think of this.

Favorite Answer

Wasted time is gone, forever. Humans cannot count every second or make it productive, some of the time is sure to go waste, because of human inability to make full use of all available time.

That's a very good question and got me wondering too.

I mean, who decides what a good and bad use of your time. So the answer is no in that sense.

From societies point of view, yes you can waste time if you use it by not achieving something but who's to say they are right.

We can waste time by doing things that aren't beneficial to us. If you aren't doing something that brings you or someone else joy, or something productive that will enhance your life in some way, you are probably wasting time in my eyes.

All into God's memory.

Luke 12

6 Are not five sparrows bought for two farthings, and yet not one of them is forgotten before God?

7 Yea, and all the hairs of your head are numbered; fear not therefore, ye are more of value than many sparrows.

• "Where does wasted time go?"

To the same place the missing socks go when you put them into the dryer.

I think, Waste Times Goes "WASTED", While Giving LITTLE TIME , "TO USE"..

oh my gosh just ten minutes ago I was thinking "I am wasting my life's time away" and then I found this question

http://www.yourcosmicclock.com has an intuition that time is energy, and energy is sometimes cyclic, so wasted time recycles.

it goes by just like used time

to graveyard.

you can mourn for it.