promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

Where does wasted time go?

I recently read a story by Harlan Ellison called "Count the Clock That Tells the Time". In it, there is a place where people who waste their lives go to...well, do nothing, really. Obviously such a place doesn't exist in real life, but it got me wondering: Where does wasted time go? And can we actually waste time? Is there really a proper way to use it? There's no real set answers to these questions, I'm just wondering what people think of this.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Wasted time is gone, forever. Humans cannot count every second or make it productive, some of the time is sure to go waste, because of human inability to make full use of all available time.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

That's a very good question and got me wondering too.

I mean, who decides what a good and bad use of your time. So the answer is no in that sense.

From societies point of view, yes you can waste time if you use it by not achieving something but who's to say they are right.

• 7 years ago

We can waste time by doing things that aren't beneficial to us. If you aren't doing something that brings you or someone else joy, or something productive that will enhance your life in some way, you are probably wasting time in my eyes.

• 7 years ago

All into God's memory.

Luke 12

6 Are not five sparrows bought for two farthings, and yet not one of them is forgotten before God?

7 Yea, and all the hairs of your head are numbered; fear not therefore, ye are more of value than many sparrows.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • "Where does wasted time go?"

To the same place the missing socks go when you put them into the dryer.

• 7 years ago

I think, Waste Times Goes "WASTED", While Giving LITTLE TIME , "TO USE"..

• 7 years ago

oh my gosh just ten minutes ago I was thinking "I am wasting my life's time away" and then I found this question

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

http://www.yourcosmicclock.com has an intuition that time is energy, and energy is sometimes cyclic, so wasted time recycles.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

it goes by just like used time

• 7 years ago

to graveyard.

you can mourn for it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.