Why is my sharp portable ac turning itself off?

A/C troubleshooting. Why is my sharp cv-10nh Portable ac turning itself off? Initially i have started the ac in the mega cool mode and the auto fan. just a minute of running at what appears normal function it does initially blow warm air, then you hear it kick in and the cold air begins to flow. But then after... show more A/C troubleshooting.

Why is my sharp cv-10nh Portable ac turning itself off?
Initially i have started the ac in the mega cool mode and the auto fan. just a minute of running at what appears normal function it does initially blow warm air, then you hear it kick in and the cold air begins to flow. But then after just a minute..... The louvers close and th timer light and operation lights on the front panel blink in the following sequence timer/ timer and operation/ timer /timer and operation/ timer and operation.? Then a brief pause, and the sequence of flashing lights begin again.I have unplugged the machine and taken the batteries out to reset the timer as suggested. No effect. I have started the ac in simple cooling mode with auto fan and made sure that the temp was set below what the rom temp is. In both the above scenarios the timer is not set, so it should have no effect. I have also used the little reset function on the front of the remote. Even though the mega cool light is not flashi g,I have tried to drain it by following the instructions right next to the drain pipe. No water comes out. It is really heavy howeever. I tried to sway it a little to hear if water was somehow backed up, buti don't hear Any sloshing around.. I just purchased this from my friend and neighbor theatre entry moved out, and it was working fine when I showed up to pay for it and bring it to my place. Tiled floor, elevator. Wheels. No dropping or anything? If I put it in fan mode, it will run continuously. I have checked the filters that run on the right side looking at it. They are spotless. In the vent mode, the louvers close and the lights flash again? The dehumidefymode produces the same flashing lights and closing louvers. I can't seem to find any real troubleshooter to follow step by step instructions, just vague answers on portable ac's. I can't afford a repair bill, and this is the first week of sept in so Cali....damn I didn't know I could sweat this much! Please help?