Halima45 asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 7 years ago

Is it really that bad to straighten hair?

I have to straighten my hair after washing it once a week now its short (impulsive cutting my curly hair during deep depression but i dont miss my long hair tho) i deep condition my hair a lot and my hair is growing fast. Sooo bad idea? My hair looks really healthy and shiny.

Favorite Answer

For more on straightening hair, read what others have said about their hair, their OWN WORDS not mine: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiBDu...

Katy Perry's Bad Hair Day Is Over As GHD Lawsuit Comes To An End! 7-7-13.

Hair straighteners are known as hair relaxers, keratin treatments and hair-smoothing products. Relaxers made his/her hair FALL OUT!

1. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201308...

2. She's 15. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201308...

HAVE to?

Heat & chemicals are hair's worst enemies. Heat tampers the hair! Your hair has static electricity so when you're hair TOUCHES heat, it tampers the growth, making the hair grow ABNORMAL or none. It gets frizzy, when you leave the house, it causes split ends. It will only get shorter after you cut it, but it doesn't grow as fast. If you want curly hair, (or straight hair to tame your curly hair) look @ videos or hairstyles of women in the late 40's or 50's, and see how healthy & silky their curly hair was. Have you seen Miracle on 34th Street or Downton Abbey? Their hair wasn't styled by professional hairstylists. They were styled by maids. No hair oil, no serum, no hair sprays, and no gels with just the use of shampoo & conditioner. Many countries didn't even have bottled shampoo & conditioner, example in my country, all we've ever used was a bar of soap for our bodies, hair & laundry. I did that for 13 years, even though my hair was permed, but there was no frizzy, no blowdrying and my hair was the same as today: silky, shiny, soft, smooth it IS HOW they are styled when they're wet, and no hair dryer (for 13 years I lived in Asia). Many women then had long hair, curly hair and they wore hats, and pin-curled or plastic curlers curled HAIRSTYLES. The men too, have very shiny hair like the women, although the men used pomade . . .that was before Bumble & Bumble's production 70's, John Frieda's production 1988 or the invention of heating tools, and WEN in 1996. Another way to find the secret to beautiful hair? Find someone with beautiful healthy curls or silky, shiny (not greasy) straight hair and ask him or her to share secrets, preferably someone who is 40-60 years older than YOU. I have 5 decades, so you're getting the answers you need, right here! I won't charge you a penny!

Better yet, watch Pretty Woman - Julia Roberts's hair in that movie! Demi Moore's or Jennifer Gray (Dirty Dancing) hair in their older movies showed their curly sexy hair styles. In the 90's, they didn't have many hair products or heating tools and they also styled their hair many ways!

Very good example with very long & very tightly curls: watch Derek Hough dances with Brilynn Rakes, 17. Brilynn was chosen to dance on “DWTS” when producers saw incredible videos of the blind girl’s skills. Her hair was styled many ways w/out the use of heat! Like when you dye your hair and it looks really shiny and healthy and is also very soft, but once you're on your own, your hair will not have the same formula as the kit.

People slept with their curlers on, or sit in the beauty salon for 20 mins. under a helmet of hair dryer.

Curlers comes in small, medium, large curlers.

Small if you want tighter curls, shorter hair.

Medium: medium curls, medium length hair.

Large: longer hair, larger curls.

"smaller section of hair you use the tighter/bouncier the curl, and the longer bigger section you use the bigger the wave or loose the curl. "

Start your curlers, where you want the curls to begin.

You can also pin curls your hair, if they're short to medium. You can also braid your hair the night before, several sections of braid . . . .after they've been wash, all night and sleep with them, and take the braids out in the morning. Finger comb to style. Use scarf to keep them from the wind.

it damages hair...try some no heat technique....you can try the bobby pin way and the rubber band way!!

you can search in you tube....watch andereschoise's how to straight hair without flat iron tutorial...she has natural curly hair..it works!

Source(s): youtube