Hero asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 7 years ago

Science Revision Craming (Exam Tomorrow)?

I need to know-

-Homeostasis

-Body Systems

-Diseases

-Injections and Vaccinations

-Ecosystems

-Ecology

I think that's it please help and explain these topics in plain simple English unlike my teacher :D

Update:

I'm in grade 9

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Homeostasis: maintenance of equilibrium of and internal environment.

Body systems:Body systems are an organized group of tissue that forms a particular function. These functions work with other systems in the body. Some of the main systems of the body are digestive, circulatory, nervous, respiratory and muscular

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/about_5384987_definition-body-...

Diseases: A pathological condition of a part, organ, or system of an organism resulting from various causes, such as infection, genetic defect, or environmental stress, and characterized by an identifiable group of signs or symptoms.

Injections and vaccines: injections are meds that are meant to treat whatever may be wrong with you. injections are used to administer insulin for diabetic people.

Vaccines: these are usually a small dose of the bacteria or disease causing organism that will help build up immunity against it. The vaccine contains such a small amount of the harmful substances that it will not cause harm to the individual.

Ecosystems: this consists of biotic(living) and abiotic( non- living) factors. the types of organisms that inhabit an area of specific climatic conditions. its all the factors that allows a community to function in its surroundings.

Ecology: this relates to the interaction of organism in their environment.

Source(s): eHow.com
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Homeostasis = keeping constant internal environment by balancing body inputs and body outputs.

basically, balancing the levels of the body.

So,you need to balance the level of carbon dioxide, water and temperature.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.