Can one purchase decommissioned military armored vehicles for recreational use in the USA?

I was just wondering how awesome it would be to have one of these in the Southwestern desert, ridding the terrains and just being crazy. However, the legality of purchasing one is definitely an issue. So can we purchase a decommissioned military vehicle such as an armored vehicle, a tank etc for recreational use?

Best Answer

there are many places you can get them. as for tanks ATF requires the gun/guns be plugged (if im not mistaken it even says welded shut). As of right now I think most if not all vehicles for sale are in or around WW2 to maybe nam. not sure. I have seen though many duces older jeeps, even tanks.

• AD

You can definently buy old military trucks. There are websites that tell you where to buy deuce and a halfs and five ton trucks. I don't know about tracked vehicles, though.