Computer limited access?

My computer currently has limited access which prevents me from doing anything that includes internet, but my phone if online.. What is wrong with my computer and/or how do I fix it?

Favorite Answer

LOL, limited access means that you are communicating with your router, but your router's DHCP server did not respond to a request for an IP address. Bring up a command window, and issue the command ipconfig /all. Under IPv4 Address you will probably find an address of 169,254.x.y. If your router could not talk to the PC then you would see a different list of items under the Network connection, it would indicate that the Media State is Media disconnected.

Access your router and see how many computers are connected and check to see how many IP addresses are given out. If they are the same then you need to determine which devices you want connected. Either disconnect one, or if you need them all, increase the number of IP addresses given out. If you do not know some of the computers that are connected then you need to have better security on your router.

Limited access means your connected to the router, but not the internet. Try moving closer to the router.