BNSF hiring event/Interview?

Hello all, I have been applying with BNSF for a few months now and I have finally been invited to a conductor trainee hiring event in Denver for a position in casper/greybull Wyoming. I have a few questions. I am 18 years of age, I am wondering if I even have a chance at getting hired and it will be... show more Hello all,

I have been applying with BNSF for a few months now and I have finally been invited to a conductor trainee hiring event in Denver for a position in casper/greybull Wyoming. I have a few questions. I am 18 years of age, I am wondering if I even have a chance at getting hired and it will be my first time at a RR hiring event, and I am very serious about the position and working for the railroad one day, it is a dream of mine. My grandfather was an engineer for SOO LINE and my father is serving his 20th year at BNSF as a Superintendant at a major diesel shop. My uncle has also worked for BNSF as a conductor. My father has contacted the HR lady who is set to interview me and let her know my name and told her I was very interested in working for BNSF. As far as it goes it is left up to me to provide a great interview. Can anyone tell me what types of questions to expect and how to handle them? I am really interested in seeing what the railroad exactly wants from me. I know to stress safety and to not bring up the fact that I like trains a lot, but rather let them know I want to help the company out as much as possible. Do I bring a copy of my resume? and if so, am I supposed to carry around whatever files I have with me all day? I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but based on my performance in high school I was allowed to take college courses through the college in my town, i only took about 5 classes. Is it necessary to bring my transcript for that? Thank you for all of the answers, anything will help and I would greatly appreciate any advice! thank you all, Michael S.
1 answer 1