Can anyone afford nice Cologne/Perfumes?

I saw some nice Fragrances by Carolina Herrera at the Mall one time at Guess but they cost about $44.00 for one bottle.

I feel sort of bad that I didn't buy it because people usually have Fragrances in their wardrobe. I just though it costed a lot of money for one small bottle.

Favorite Answer

Sure some can afford those, and even more costlier ones. But I actually do not like many perfumes. And I could almost eat for a week for that much. That is a better way to spend money.

I think fragrances are a bit cheaper than they used to be, probably due to more people buying them. Where I live there is a place called Chemist Warehouse, which offers designer fragrances for a lot less than the department stores. I also think fragrances these days are not as strong in quality as they used to be.

I admit I love my perfume and probably use about 100ml(3.4oz) a month, and I usually buy the kind that costs around $50 for the 100ml. For a month, it is not so bad, $2 a day, $12 a week...

I can AFFORD them... but chose not to waste my money on such frivolous luxuries.

Myself I use good old "Old Spice" aftershave... and have used it for 30+ years.

I HAVE spent some money on expensive scents for my wife and daughters... but I always bought the pure Perfume extract while in Bahrain or Saudi Arabia where it is much cheaper, and we'd dilute it to Eau de toilette or Eau de perfume with ethyl alcohol.

GO TO BATH AND BODY WORKS. They have a good smelling selection.

That's how they are. But just cos everyone has it doesn't mean you should too. Don't follow the crowd

I bought cologne that was 8000 before