can someone tell me what the book the hunger games by suzanne collins is about?

i need every detail, plot and action.

• Monika
    Favorite Answer

In the future, North America has been destroyed and instead is a place called Panem. Panem is made up of 12 districts. In the past, the districts tried to rebel against the capital. The capital squelched the rebellion and as punishment created the hunger games. The hunger games is where each district offers up one boy and one girl as tribute and must watch them fight to the death. There can only be one winner and the district that the winner is in gets food and supplies. Katniss Everdeen is a 16 years old and preparing for the reaping (where the tributes are picked). It's her sisters Prim's first year and she is worried that she'll be picked. Even though Prim only has her name in once compared to Katnisses' many, she is chosen. Panicked, Katniss volunteers to take her place. Then chosen for the boy is Peeta Mellark. The two have a history. When Katniss's father died, her mother zoned out leaving her children to starve. Peeta comes from a baker's family and saw her one day starving. He threw her burnt bread risking abuse from his mother. They must go to the capital and are accompanied by Effie Trinket their 'chaperon' and Haymitch, a past winner of the hunger games and their mentor. Katniss's stylist, Cinna, plots to get her a costume that will get her noticed which is good because people can sponsor you which will help you survive longer. He sets her aflame with fake fire and she is known as Katniss Everdeen The Girl On Fire. Later during interviews, Peeta reveals that he is in love with her giving them a Romeo and Juliet type romance. Blah blah blah they are in the games. Katniss goes off on her own while Peeta joins up with the careers (tributes who are extra deadly because they trained for years). She later teams up with Rue, a 12 year old girl who reminds Katniss of her sister. Rue is a gentle girl and Katniss vows to take care of her. They plot to take out the careers food source by blowing up where it is all stashed. Rue and Katniss plan to meet up but somebody attacks Rue and Katniss is too late. A spear is shot into Rue so Katniss attacks with a bow and arrow and kills someone (2nd kill and bow and arrow is her thing). Rue dies and Katniss is heartbroken. An announcement sounds saying if 2 tributes form the same district survive, they can both win. So Katniss searches for Peeta who has been injured by the careers. She finds him disguised as a rock because Peeta has mad painting skills. She kisses him a lot to tug at the heartstrings of viewers and they send medicine and food to help the lovers stay together. Blah Blah Blah pretty soon only 4 are left. Mad dogs are released and it's down to Cato (JERK) and Katniss and Peeta. Cato is killed leaving the two as victors. Then they troll the two and say only one can survive. They plan to take poison berries but there has to be a victor so they are declared winners. The president decides Katniss is too much trouble and can be a face of a rebellion and tries to stop any support for her but for now, Peeta and Katniss head off to District 12 where she reveals she never loved him and it was all for the games. And that kids, is how I met your mother.

• Shay

Oh you not trying to read huh I was just like you in that situation what did I do you ask I WATCH THE MOVIE the movie was the ish I'm telling you....

This is what I remember

Uh it's about some girl name Katniss and they all live in district 12 (that was there district) everyone there was basically poor suffering and about ever year the have a reaping for kids at the age of 12-18 I think and this year Katniss sister (forgot her name) was chosen and Katniss spoke up to replace her sister ( so she wouldn't have to die or Jill someone) so Katniss and Pete ( the boy who threw her some bread when she ws hungry plus her friend) were chosen to rep district 12 along with other kids who were chosen from all kinds of Districts. So they all (all districts) leave to go to the capital ( we're everyone is rich and doesn't suffer from nothing poverty etc.) to train the kids for the hunger games ( who ever was the last one standing was the winner and would win medicine food and all kinds of things for there district) so when the hunger games came one by one kids were killed even the first day or the last but they were killed ( throughout the story Katniss suffered injuries) at the end she and Pete won the hunger games and are now mentors THE END

Source(s): I know I won't get best answer