Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Is Cyprus among the Schenhen countries?
Hello, Please can anyone tell me if Cyprus is among the Schengen countries?
- Gerd PLv 78 years agoFavorite Answer
No, Cyprus is (not yet) a Schengen country. This is based on the fact that the northern part of the country has been illegally occupied.
The Republic of Cyprus however grants visa-free entry to holders of a valid type C Schengen visa with the following provisions:
• the provisions only apply to an entry in the part of Cyprus controlled by the government of the Republic of Cyprus
• an entry at at Ercan (ECN) and at Gercitkale (GEC) is not possible
• the visa holder must not be a Turkish citizen
• the visitor has first entered the Schengen Area
• single-entry Schengen visa holders must travel directly from the Schengen Area to Cyprus
• single-entry Schengen visa holders must depart to a non-Schengen country
• the period of stay granted equals to the visa validity
Holders of a type D Schengen visa or a residence permit issued by a Schengen country are granted visa-free stay for up to 90 days.