Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 7 years ago

Who knows what the ancient chariot ?

I am interested in the ancient chariot of the Don region.

http://donovedenie.ru/blog/kolesnicy_donskikh_step...

Maybe someone has some interesting facts that will complement my work.

Favorite Answer

Chariots have been used for thousands of years. The earliest fully developed true chariots known are from the chariot burials of the Andronovo (Timber-Grave) sites of the Sintashta-Petrovka Eurasian culture in modern Russia and Kazakhstan from around 2000 BC. This culture is at least partially derived from the earlier Yamna culture. It built heavily fortified settlements, engaged in bronze metallurgy on an industrial scale and practiced complex burial rituals reminiscent of rituals known from the Rigveda and the Avesta. The Sintashta-Petrovka chariot burials yield the earliest spoke-wheeled true chariots. The Andronovo culture over the next few centuries spread across the steppes from the Urals to the Tien Shan. It then spread to Iran and other countries in Asia and europe over the next 2000 years.

Source(s): My self and wiki.