Mexico's squad vs. Honduras, USA, thoughts?

http://www.femexfut.org.mx/portalv2/aspx/WEB_Detal...

Honestly, Damian Alvarez should not have been called up. He hasn't really shown much to be in El Tri. If Chepo wanted wingers there is Nestor Calderon, Chema Cardenas, Edgar Andrade, Isaac Brizuela, or Reyna/Gio can play there too. I know Damian won't start, but still is he really worth the call up. As for the offense, Gio/Chicha are injured and if they aren't ready for the game then Chepo has to look for backups. Chicharito is not in form so he should not be called up. After all the NT is about who is in BEST FORM, not who plays in the TOP CLUBS in Europe.

Formation Chepo will use: 4-4-2

---------------------Corona

Meza---Moreno---Maza--Salcido

--------------Torrado----Arce

Aquino---------------------Guardado

---------------Gio

---------------------Chicharito

Formation Chepo should use: 4-2-3-1

--------------Corona

Meza----Maza--Moreno---Salcido

-------------Herrera---Arce

Aquino----------Gio-----------Reyna

------------------Peralta

BTW Meza over Layun, that's hilarious. Not being biased but Layun is in better form than Meza, just look at him right now. Meza probably got called up because of that Neymar play where he shut him down at Cowboys Stadium.Meza is doing poor with Rayados right now, Layun on the other hand has helped America in the offense and defense.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I really thought Vela would actually get called up this time. I guess that was just wishful thinking on my part. The squad still looks great though. I agree with your lineup. I feel it could cause a lot more problems going forward for Hondruas and the U.S. If Mexico plays the way they did against Ivory Coast, they should have no problem winning both games.

• 7 years ago

Chepo has favorites.

Aguilar & Layun >> Meza. Not trying to sound bias but i really think Aguilar & Layun play much better then Meza. Calling up Torrado also proves that idiot Chepo has favorites.

• Eric
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

--------------Corona

Meza-Maza--Moreno--Nilo

---------Torrado--Arce

Aquino-----Gio------Reyna

------------Peralta

I wouldn't start Guardado since he just came off an injury and Valencia keeps playing him

on left back. Also Reyna is in great form. Chicharito missed pre season and hasn't played with United due to injury and Peralta is also in great form.

• 7 years ago

Your contencion is too offensive you need a defensive player, hence torrado. Torrado only stays back. He doesn't do anything fantastic but he gets the job done. Just pay attention to it next time

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

World lass Layun didn't get called xD

• 7 years ago

Lololol no chivas players were called how sad. Same formation as yours but i wouldnput layun over meza.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Mmm si i like your lineup o sexy boys especially javier aquino hes the sexiest

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

This is a great line-up for the games against Honduras and USA, but Vela keeps denying call ups

• 7 years ago

Corona

Meza-------Maza--------------Moreno------------Salcido

-------------------------Torrado---------Arce

Reyna-----------------Gio------------------Chaco

Peralta

• 7 years ago

Good formation but i would start torrado over herrera

Torrado>>>>herrera

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.