Are there Starbucks in Italy?

One of my best friends is moving to Italy, and I want to get him a gift card he can use in the US and Italy. He likes coffee so I thought of Starbucks, but is there those in Italy, specifically around Rome? Or any other stores you think a 14-year-old boy would like in Italy?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are no starbucks in italy...

the motivations are...

1) starbucks is based on the italian espresso bars culture

2) italians don't like to drink coffe whole walking or driving

http://innovationzen.com/blog/2007/01/15/why-starb...

anyway you can read the motivations here... "why-starbucks-is-not-present-in-italy"

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Starbucks In Italy

• 6 years ago

All the above answers are kind of naive and childish. Italians have better coffe, italians don't like take away coffe and blah blah. Such answers don't consider what is the real point. In Italy any possible Starbucks opening depends on the Autogrill company that some years ago has bought the Starbucks rights in the italian territory. It is up to Autogrill to decide wether Starbucks is opening in Italy or not and they are paying for this. And since Autogrill has deals in Italy with many coffee companies and the coffee market in Italy is not easy nor young (there is a coffee bar at every street corner... this is unique in the world), they probably need to take into account if other coffee companies (Illy, Lavazza, ...) could be against this kind of move.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Are there Starbucks in Italy?

One of my best friends is moving to Italy, and I want to get him a gift card he can use in the US and Italy. He likes coffee so I thought of Starbucks, but is there those in Italy, specifically around Rome? Or any other stores you think a 14-year-old boy would like in Italy?

Source(s): starbucks italy: https://tr.im/7qnu8
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

There isn't Starbuck in Italy..because the president of the company thinks that italians don't like to take away the coffe!! this is not true...have a starbucks in Italy would be great because like this busy and hurry people can take the coffe and run to work!!

• mallie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Starbucks Italia

• 7 years ago

There are a large number of places to get coffee,in Italy, but there are no Starbucks. There isn't any need for it; the coffee in Italy is better than Starbucks.

• Orla C
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

What? There is no Starbucks in Italy. Why not? Because compared to the coffee Italians make, it's rubbish.

Give him cash.

• 5 years ago

In any given street there are at least 3 or 4 bar (cafès). No need for low quality Starbucks' Coffe.

• 7 years ago

As sensible questions go, this is about on the same level as 'Where is the nearest Pizza Hut to the Colosseum?', which featured here not too long ago. Hello? Italy is the home of Espresso. Italians go to proper cafes, not the pale imitations invented by Starbucks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.