Why do gay people announce their sexuality?

What do you want? An award?

I don't have anything against gay people but I think it's such a pathetic and lame thing to do. I mean sexual orientation is your business and just because you don't come out, it doesn't mean you're ashamed of who you are. I mean what makes you think anyone gives a sh*t about your sexuality? Are you that full of yourselves? What gives?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Okay, if you're talking about guys being feminine: Does not mean they're gay, so that's not announcing their sexuality

If you're talking about gay people holding hands, kissing, hugging etc. in public, I hope you're against straight people doing that as well (and there's nothing wrong with it), or that's homophobic.

Or you may be talking about a SMALL fraction who do like to point out that they are gay, but that's not enough reason to post a hate-filled question on YA! :D

And are you also against straight people "announcing their sexuality?"

It would help a lot if you told us what "announcing sexuality" is, however.

• Denise
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

We announce our sexuality when we are coming out of the closet, after realizing/accepting ourselves and coming into terms with our own sexuality. it's a long process and to finally come out to everyone is the biggest and most gratifying thing we could ever do. It has to be done because we can't let our friends and family think we're straight if we didn't say anything. So yeah, it's a big deal and not even meant to be cocky at all, you missy just need to chill. It's something a straight person couldn't understand. We're just letting the people we all know so they don't ever misunderstand anything when it comes to who we date. It's that simple.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Few reasons:

-Do you know how much girls like straight acting, in the closet gay guys? It gets frustrating constantly having girls fawn over you and not being able to just be friends. If they know you're gay they're not going to want more than friendship.

-Everyone assumes your straight, sure its probably a bit redundant when the flamboyant guy comes out, but for the rest of us who aren't "obvious" or fit the stereo-type other similar guys aren't going to seek us out for a relationship so how are we suppose to ever find love when no one thinks you're an option?

-Because it's not the default sexuality, all the bullying, confusion and coming to terms with being different in societies that aren't always particularly accepting it's a big step in some gay men and women's lives to be open about who you are.

Source(s): Me
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

I only told family and friends, its no one else's business. If someone assumes I'm straight, then I let them think that. Does not bother me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

It's a reaction to everyone assuming we're heterosexual. Do you really think it would be necessary if no one cared? Are you really being this absurd? What gives?

• 7 years ago

Question: Is a couple, a guy and a girl, holding hands, walking arm-in-arm, or each having one arm around each other in public telling people their sexuality?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Well someone pulled on their dumbbitch pants today didn't they.

Congratulations for displaying your IQ which apparently equals a turnip.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.