Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

The best South African president?

Who is the better South African president between Jacob Zuma or Thabo Mbeki and why do you think so?

Favorite Answer

Thabo Mbeki.

He was so smart that most of the south african public couldn't relate to him and couldn't understand his proposals of economic reform.

Here's his brief history:

In the late 1960s Mbeki began moving

rapidly up the ANC hierarchy. He worked

for the ANC in London (1967–70) and

underwent military training in the Soviet

Union (1971). In 1971 he served in Lusaka,

Zambia, as assistant secretary to its

Revolutionary Council, becoming the

youngest member of the national executive

(1975) and political secretary to President

Oliver Tambo (1978).

Source(s): Proud South African

Thabo mbeki. He was smarter. Not a 3rd grade dropout.

Both can kiss my @ss.

I tell you why. This comparison can be likened to: "Which dog $hit smells better between an Alsatian and a pitbull?". At the end of the day, its still $hit you smelling.

Whilst it might be true that Thabo has a 'cleaner' record than Zuma, that only means he was smarter about his questionable actions..by hiding things better. I for one, do not believe that he is a honest man.

I dont listen to radio, I dont watch TV. I dont care for propaganda or politics. Phuck your democracy.

• cheri

Thabo Mbeki, he always behave properly, no record and only one wife ...

All this racism.