How do i fix my hair!!?

I went to the hairdressers on august 1st and I asked to go light blonde she said it would work. She said because I had died it before that (7 months before) she woul have to strip the colour. I was fine witb that. So by the end of it she had stripped the colour from the roots and washed it out then stripped the.colour from the rest and washed it out and instead of bleaching or dying it one colour she put loads of highlights and now my hair is really gingery blonde. I dont have much money and was wondering what I can do to bleach my hair lighter? Things that people generally have at home would be good or cheap bleaches that work? Please help I need quick results as school is startin again and i want my last year to b perfect

Favorite Answer

Right now, you've got more chemicals and hair stripper products on your hair than I have in a year. I would NEVER have recommend stripping hair dye off the hair!

It is worst than hair dyes, one from YA! "I accidentally dyed my hair this awful black, stripped it, and now it is this crunchy crispy mess!"

Hair strippers are chemical treatments which are intended to strip out artificial color pigment with less risk or damage to the hair. The chemicals used are called reducing agents.

Certain 'metal' strippers containing sodium sulphoites are sold for reducing hair dyed with metallic dyes, as these dyes react violently with tint stripper containing hydrogen peroxide-the subsequent reaction may cause so much heat that the hair gets dissolved.

Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. AboutAbout 91,800 results (0.23 seconds) 2-3-13.

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"

Bad Hair Habit: Stripping Out Hair Dye

Smart hair care includes what not to do. If you have a change of heart after you dye your hair a dark shade, stripping out the color will open the cuticle so much that it won't lie as flat as before, says Kim Steckbeck, master stylist at Studio 21 hair salon in Woodstock, Ga. The result is hair damage with dry, brittle, frizzy tresses. "Black is the hardest to remove," she says. "It typically must be done with bleach. This leaves unwanted tones in the hair. Then, you must recolor to a desirable shade. This is very stressful on the hair."

Before bottled shampoo & hair products were invented, mid 60's, in Asia, all we've ever used was a bar of soap for body, hair & laundry, for 13 years and we have healthy silky, shiny, soft, smooth hair. Just make sure you rinse well. Try that if that works better!

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists. In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 36 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < < <

Source(s): Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers. Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe? I stand up for cancer!

Hi Charlotte,

My name is Jamie and I work for MaverickTV (Last Chance Salon, Embarrassing Bodies, How to look good naked). We are currently shooting the second series of Last Chance Salon and have London Hairdresser of the year Skylar as part of our team. Completely funded by us, you could apply and have advice, treatment, cut and colour. We have helped various hair cases already in the past few months ranging from boldness to over dying. This could be your best option as you will get dedicated advice specifically for your hair and as this is an unusual case, you stand a good chance of being accepted straight away. The series is coming to an end so the sooner you apply, the sooner we can get this sorted.

The link below has all the information, tell them "Jamie" sent you. I hope to hear from you soon and if not, then I hope you resolve your issue.

http://www.mavericktv.co.uk/default.php?id=1665

Jamie x

Your hair is already going to be really damaged so dont bleach it more..it will just snap or turn into a dry frizzy mess. You can get wash in wash out toners that wont cause damage. You need an ash shade to counteract the orange. Also get a purple shampoo they are made to neutralise orange tones back to blonde

Source(s): Own experience

You can use silver shampoo (looks purple) from Schwarzkopf or any other brand, it masks the yellow pigments on your hair so it looks more blonde. You first have to wash your hair with regular shampoo and afterwards you massage the silver shampoo on your scalp en wait 5 minutes before you wash the silver shampoo off. Good luck!

Source(s): own experience