Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 7 years ago

I am under TPS. I came as an international student graduated from college. Is there a way to have green card?

I know you're supposed to go back as an F1 but home is worse than ever. Please help if you can

6 Answers

  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you are currently covered under one of the various TPS programs, then you aren't an F1 anymore. You have TPS for as long as that program is extended by Congress. Yes, the T does stand for temporary, but in reality they are often extended for long periods of time. We still have a TPS program for El Salvador, although the civil war that started that program basically ended 20 years ago. However, TPS doesn't normally lead to a green card. you'd have to qualify in some other way. getting married is one possibility, but there are others. there are employment based green cards, the Diversity Visa Lottery, etc. since we don't know anything about you it's impossible to really advise you so take a look at for more information on the various ways to qualify and see if anything looks likely to you.

  • Jan
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

    No, you are here on a temporary basis. When your country is no longer on TPS status you go home. You are not eligible for a green card.

  • Samuel
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

    Its not possible for you to get the green card.TPS means Temporary Protected Status.

    Please check the below link for more details about TPS

  • 7 years ago

    Check on getting an H1 work visa in the feild you have a degree in.

    God bless and good luck.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

    No. T stands for Temporary.

  • 7 years ago

    Nope.........and what country are you from..............

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.