FHA alternatives to buying a home?

My fiance and I have decided last year to start saving up for a home. A few months ago we started saving slowly and trying to see if we should pay off credit card debt with money we have saved up so far. I am studying for real estate as well and I am a bit up to date with FHA regulations and does not seem to work... show more My fiance and I have decided last year to start saving up for a home. A few months ago we started saving slowly and trying to see if we should pay off credit card debt with money we have saved up so far. I am studying for real estate as well and I am a bit up to date with FHA regulations and does not seem to work for us.

We would like to save at least 10-15% downpayment but really don't want to go FHA route for reasons that you pay that for life of loan, and you cant rent it out if you decide to later on especially because its a lot of money to by time your done paying off. How can we purchase a home with 10-15% and avoid FHA?

How does it work if we were to get a second small loan to combine that with our downpayment to have the full 20% down?