Will the 2014 election be a clear decisive victory for republicans?

I have been reading up on the 2014 election and polls and news stories recently and they show that republicans will most likely retain their majority in the house and taking the senate is a very real possibility. They are expected to win in three states where democrats are retiring and only need three more to get the majority which they can win in Arkansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, and Alaska which are all toss ups and three of them are solid red states. Republicans are starting to get a grip on Arkansas so they practically only need two more. And when you look at other polls the average approval rating for Obama is a mere 44% (bush was 38% when he left office) and congress has barely a 15% approval rating and 65% believe the country is headed in the wrong direction. The majority of people agree that a unified congress is better and since they want to keep the GOP in the house will voters give the senate majority to the GOP in 2014? Who will you vote for in the us senate and why?

Favorite Answer

I highly doubt that.

But with voter suppression laws in place and gerrymandering, they just might pull it off through these maneuvers.

• brian m5 years agoReport

Darrin B, You were wrong, weren't you!

• Brat

I think so, in fact, I 'd be willing to bet on it. If you look at past mid terms, the welfare rats and downtrodden and hopeless Dims, the ones who showed in droves to vote for the Muslim, usually sit out during the mid terms. Then real Americans will show up in never-before-seen numbers and give Republicans an overwhelming victory come 2014.

If you remember the 90s, after the Dims pushed for gun control and banned assault weapons, the Dims took a throughout beat down in that years mid term elections- handing Republicans all of Congress!

I predict that the Republicans will retain the House and get the Senate. Without welfare rats and other lowlifes showing up in droves, who are they going to count on to keep them in power, there aren't enough liberals to even make a dent in anything!

Not likely. The 2012 election told us that we now have more people in this country that want free stuff than what freedom and the Democrats do a lot better job of convincing the voters that they can deliver the free stuff

• L2

With any luck, you might be correct. I am voting for the unknown black woman who brings multi-millions of jobs to the country before she gets finished with the primary election. Oh baby, it's going to upset both parties, they can't beat her. Keep your eyes open and your ears in tuned.

Source(s): Reality.

I like your thinking and if they can take the senate they can control the purse strings and stop the insane spending

possibility, we may lose the house

I don't think so

No.