Vocabulary Workshop Level E Unit 3 answers?

I'm working on Choosing the Right Word for Unit 3 Level E and I need help.

1.When Washington refused to serve a third term as President, he set a(n) (artifice, precedent) that was to last for 150 years.

2. Our history shows how the (demise, adversary) of one political party provides an opportunity for the formation of a new one.

3. We must reject the (craven, fallow) advice of those who feel we can solve social problems by abandoning our democratic freedoms.

4. The critics unanimously praised the actor for the (urbane, punitive) charm with which he played the well-bred English gentleman.

5. May I remind you that the (urbane, punitive) action we are authorized to take does not include physical force of any kind.

6. Our city government needs basic reforms; clever little (sojourns, artifices) will not solve our problems.

7. Do you really expect me to believe that your friends (coerced, alienated) you into cutting class to go to the movies.

8. We need a supervisor who can maintain good discipline in the shop without (harassing, exhilarating) the workers.

9. The story takes place in a foreign country where a rouge government agent accepts a mission to (liquidate, coerce) an evil dictator.

10. Because of the severe sentences she often handed down, she gained the reputation of being extremely (negligible, inclement) judge.

11. Only when the attempt to get the British government to (redress, harass) injustices proved unsuccessful did the American colonists resort to arms.

12. It is all very well to (muse, perpetuate) on what might have been, but it is far better to take action to make good things happen.

13. I admit that we did some foolish things after the game, but you must remember how (mused, exhilarated) we were by the victory.

14. Since we are making (craven, negligible) progress in our fight against pollution, the time has come for us to adopt completely new methods.

15. After a long (urbane, fallow) period during which she scarcely touched her brushes, the painter suddenly produced a series of major canvases.

16. The highlight of my trip to Europe came when I (sojourned, redressed) in the birthplace of my ancestors.

17. When he blocked my jump shot, took the rebound, drove down the court, and scored, I realized that I was facing a worthy (artifice, adversary).

18. And now I want you all to try my (inclement, culinary) masterpiece--a salami soufflé, garnished with sour cream.

19. The coach rain with the risk of (exhilarating, alienating) influential graduates of the school when she suspended a star player who had broken training.

20. If we do not take steps now to clear their names, we will be (perpetuating, liquidating) an injustice that has already lasted far too long.

21. Dud the other journalists (alienate, perpetuate) the young writer after she expressed some political views with which they disagreed.

22. After several months of losing money, the furniture store held a huge sale, hoping to (liquidate, redress) its entire inventory.

23. To rid your aquarium of parasites, allow the tank to remain (negligible, fallow) for several weeks, and keep your fish in separate tank.

24. The artist took a(n) (adversary, sojourn) to the mountains, hoping to relieve his stress and renew his creativity.

25. (Urbane, Craven) and sophisticated, the young princess charmed the diplomat.

Favorite Answer

I am not sure if this is the vocabulary workshop but you might look into this website since it is famous for offering the most accurate vocabulary answers.

Haha i remember those book. I think i know what you are talking about. If it's an orange book then i do. Did you check the website in the book or tried searching the company name? Maybe i can find mine to help you out.