Add-member feature (lack thereof) - Horrible!?

Please explain to me what we're supposed to do to manage a group when yahoo! keeps changing its services - for the worse. The "new" method has proven to be destructive to group owners and members. Before the change, we could add members (at their request) in seconds; now, we're required to send an "invitation" that nets the requesting members about 1/3 of the time. The message does not get through email security, ends up in spam, or never arrives at all. We have to try dozens of times before your system gets to the person who's asked to join. If it works at all...

Yahoo! claims that the reasoning is the prevention of spam; meanwhile, it is angering and driving off long-time group owners who are trying to share legitimate messages. The owners who are the very people who are bringing the company regular, reliable and marketable traffic and brand recognition.

At this point, we have no choice: Due to this change and to the continued devolution of the groups features (e.g., the changes that have already popped up today), we will leave once we've identifed an appropriate, alternate service. Just a few active groups, I know, but we can't be alone.

P.S. Yahoo! management might try reading "Raging Fans." For Yahoo!, I'm no longer one of them.

Favorite Answer

Hi,

This isn't an issue we can help you with, it's a feature request. Please post your feature request here:

http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451

If you see your suggestion listed as a current topic, we encourage you to chime in with your own feedback. If you don't see your feedback in the forum, definitely let us know how you feel. The more feedback we get on a particular topic, the better!

Thanks!

I don't have an answer for you, but totally agree that the new policy is for the birds! My group is made up of all seniors, many of whom are new to computers. Of all the invitations I've sent on request, about a handful have gotten through the paperwork. I even had someone give a tutorial class in our Clubhouse, but it didn't help -- some of them are still "afraid" of computers.

I end up going to some and doing it for them.

How did you get to the place to even invite them? I can not find it.