Christians "What is "The World" that will pass away. (1 John 2:17)?

The Bible warns us: “The world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever.” (1 John 2:16, 17) Yes, Jehovah will remain forever, and so will those who love and serve him. Consequently, does it not make more sense to cultivate love for God and for people than it does to pursue the things of the world, which are at best only temporary?

Micky this for you..If all members of our family are trying to do Jehovah’s will, we ought to be enjoying godly peace. A Christian home should be filled with ‘friends of peace.’ Luke 10:1-6 shows that Jesus had such people in mind when he sent 70 disciples out as ministers and told them: “Wherever you enter into a house say first, ‘May this house have peace.’ And if a friend of peace is there, your peace will rest upon him.” As Jehovah’s servants peacefully go from house to house with “the good news of peace,” they seek friends of peace. (Acts 10:34-36; Ephesians 2:13-18) Surely, a Christian household made up of friends of peace should be peaceful

Best Answer

I agree with your statement that the "world is passing away..." because everything in the world is

"wordly"! People like the scriptures say are "lovers of money, lovers of themsleves; lovers of pleasure; illicit sex and many other things.

So the world and mankind that hate God or hate his people, or the goodness in them or their religion,

or even other people's religions will pass away with the wicked world.

And I like what that school was teaching our neice's daughter, they were not just teaching her Bible principles, but also the meaning of the scriptures. My neice would not lie to me, so I know that is

what they did.

Source(s): 50 years of Bible study as one of Jehovah's witnesses.
  • Andrew

If you think about it though, the world has adopted an alien way of doing things, its not what real loving people would do to their selves or do to each other so it must be a foreign influence that was never intended to be upon planet earth...

Example:

Binge drink to the point of senselessness and cause trouble.

Steal and go around robbing people.

Rape-ing people

Swindling and lie-ing in order to deceive your way to better positions and possessions

Killing & murdering others as the worlds governments are no 1 in this department.

We are known as the human family, but what loving family acts like this?

Yes I agree with scripture, the world (the wicked people) have to pass away so the real families can live in peace as it was meant to be and will be in Jehovah's given time.

Source(s): Psalms 37:10,11
  • Some people think the "world" is the Earth, but it is NOT! The "world" is the ungodly system we live in and it will "Pass away" and soon I hope.

Revelation 12:12 (AMP) |

12 Therefore be glad (exult), O heavens and you that dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in fierce anger (fury), because he knows that he has [only] a short time [left]!

(2 Corinthians 4:4) 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

http://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/2%20Corinthia...

(James 4:4) 4 Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.

Can you be friends of a planet? No. the world is our government and all the bad people we live near.

Source(s): 76 years of common sense, 66 years of research and 51 years of Bible study and 41 years as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. I don’t make any snap decisions.

More so than consequently. It makes all the sense in the world. But we may as well be talking to a box of hair on that note. People have their minds made up on the matter until they change them. I believe they once felt this but changed. I don't expect them to change back. But the ones that have been convinced, for reasons unknown to us why they bought that bill of goods, The ones still not quite convinced they've told them the truth. ,I respect their feelings. That they believe there is no God. Well that's my version. No offense to any ones decision to or not to believe.

You mean temporary things such as a good education, a good job, a good house and a good car? Like a great family vacation in an exotic destination? A good meal at a fancy restaurant? A nice big TV and good cable system?

I guess technically i could give all these things up, in order to enslave myself working as a full time literature peddler for the Watchtower society.

But instead what i decided, is to be a christian...you know a REASONABLE christian who is able to conciliate having a good career by going to college and having money to enjoy a nice little life on this planet, while also being able to be kind and loving towards my fellow humans.

Maybe you can take a hint and do the same.

Doing the will of God?

"Do not go from house to house." Luke 10:7

That's a direct command from Jesus not to go preaching from door-to-door. So when you start serving god properly you can come back and ask the question again.

I don't see any scriptures about preaching on the internet so you might be good to go with that. Bit lazy though.

==

@teller of truths: I appreciate your sincerity even if I disagree with your views. I was a third generation born-in JW and I'm quite well versed in the bible. My grandparents and my father sincerely believed what they were taught by the Watchtower: that they wouldn't get old and die. They got old and died. Did they waste their lives sincerely believing a lie? You call it "old light" now. At some point your "new light" will be my grandparents' "old light". I hope you aren't wasting your life.

• The present world that is full of so much of Satan's ways for it will be replaced by Only righteousness and truth through the coming of Jesus Christ forever.

Source(s): Apostle James the Greater

The heavens and the earth will pass away but my word will stay the same.

In the beginning their was only God and in the end their was only God.

The term heaven and earth means just that Outer Space. Outer space and earth will pass away but my word will stay the same is just Jesus saying that we are in a endless circle, and the word of God will have no end.

1 John 2:16-17

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

the earth will be burned up, we will have judgment day and separated to heaven or hell.

if you have obedient faith then you will will have eternal life in heaven.

This carnal, material world.