Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 6 years ago

How to get from china to india overland through nepal?

Im doing an overland trip from england to india. I have my nepal visa but not sure how i can get through tibet. Any help would be great.

• Ted K
    Favorite Answer

You are certainly going to have an adventure both in terms of scenery and paperwork.I hope you have a lot of patience.

All tourists entering Tibet from Nepal have to apply for a Chinese Visa while they are in Nepal. A visa issued in another country will not be valid. This Visa is considered a group visa which is valid for 15 days.This visa is usually not placed in your passport, but is a sheet of paper that lists all of the names of the people in your group along with their nationalities, birth dates and passport numbers. You are not able to extend this visa. It appears as if the 15 day visa is designed so that you purchase a tour and stay away from Tibet`s politics.Single visa may not be issued unless the traveler becomes part of a tour S tour can be one person meaning a car and driver and possibly a guide as well. Solo travel is not allowed.

Note : The Nepal/China v border can be fluid In the past years it has closed a number of times due either to local strikes on Nepal side or seurity incidents. There is an on and off agin guerilla war going on in Nepal China and Nepal area lso negotiating border and rad problems so either side could close the border to put pressure on

It takes 4 days to obtain a China Visa in Nepal, so please allow for enough time in your itinerary for the visa process. The China visa and Tibet permit are processed together. It takes at least 2 working days to obtain a visa from the Chinese Embassy in Nepal and the Embassy only works on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Contact information for Chinese Embassy in Nepal:

Tel: 009771 4419053, 4415383, 4411740

Fax no. 009771 4414045

Visa Section Tel: 009771 4425520

The following information is required for these documents:

Photo copies of passports

Name as on Passport

Passport Number

Date of birth

Gender: Male/female

Occupation

Nationality

Nepal to Tibet overland

Zhangmu Port borders Nepal and Tibet. Tourists can go there and apply for a Nepal Visa upon arrival at the port. You will need two passport photos and cash for the visa fee. Visa fees depend on nationalities and types, ranging from USD 30-100 (cash only).

The Friendship Highway starts from Kathmandu, traverses Hangmu Friendship Bridgeat Kodari to Neyalamu County in Tibet and crosses Shigatse. Shigatse is the second largest city in Tibet.

None of these answers seem to answer the man s question. I d like to know the same thing but everyone is giving the answer in reverse. I am in China and want to go to India through Nepal (not the other way round) Any advice on the best route? I ve been to Tibet twice, no worries there I can get the visa sorted no problem. How about the trip through Nepal and where to enter India? I can get the visas first in Beijing before I leave. Also, if you happen to know the altitudes??? I ve had severe altitude sickness twice Once on the XinJiang/Pakistan border and once in Tibet at the North Face Base Camp. I seem ok up to 4000 meters altitude. Thanks!

You need apply for your China Visa in your country and then ask your travel agency to apply for Tibet Travel Permit. Before July 2016, it is not OK to travel from Tibet to Nepal via overland because of the earthquake 2015, so you need fly to Kathmandu from Lhasa. And then, start your Nepal trip and to India.

To enter Tibet via penal you need a Chinese visa, as well as Tibet permits, that CAN only be issue at through the consulate of People’s Republic of China in Kathmandu. You will, as a tourist, need to be booked on a tour group. Any other Chinese visa is invalid for this route. Once you got it you will across into Tibet via the friendship highway into Tibet.

You will not get the permit if you are touring by yourself. It is generally done by different travel companies in China. It is very hard to do it on your own. You can book tour services from a travel company in China and they will help you do it. I know about a company and you can visit their website for more information.