Windows 7 Blue Screen?

I have done a System Restore and uninstalled many programs which I installed in the last week or so but it is still blue screening, whats wrong with my computer?

I don't know if this matters or not, but the code that comes up during the blue screen is

FFFF80000B96BB0

I comes up with a second code also: FFFF80000B95000

I don't know if either of these mean anything or not :/

Favorite Answer

BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) could be due to several reasons such as, but not limited to:

1. Bad or failing hardware

Solution: remove whatever you attached very recently for the meantime and observe. It could be your hard drive or RAM also.

2. Loose connections

Solution: Try to remove and then reinsert/reattach all connections. You may have to reseat your RAM sticks. Make sure your graphics card and CPU are clamped well to the motherboard if you have a desktop computer.

3. Overheating

Solution: Clean your fan and make sure the vents aren't clogged with dust.

4. Bad device driver

Solution: Use updated drivers for the right hardware.

5. Corrupted operating system

Solution: Reset to factory defaults or do a clean install of the OS, drivers and then reinstall applications.

6. Corrupted software

Solution: reinstall the affected software.

7. Malware infection

Solution: Scan with a decent and reputable antivirus and anti-spyware.

Try to eliminate all those possibilities one at a time. In most cases, the BSOD gives a STOP error code which can be used as a hint to what caused it. Google for that STOP error code.

There are instances that a simple System Restore fixes BSOD problems. You might want to try that solution as well.

If the above solutions seem to be way over your head ask somebody to do them for you.

Blue Screen Come With Error Code If Error Code is 7B or 0X00007B ect.... Could be hard drive failing

• Mark G

Since Windows XP BSoD has primarily been caused by a general hardware failure, this could be caused by the graphics card, ram, processor, and/or hard drive failing, and on occasion the BiOS failing on boot. BSoD is rarely caused by OS or Software failure with the changes MS made to the way Windows runs.