Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 7 years ago

Why do people decide to become Scientologists?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Fabio
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

People decide to become Scientologists because they have unanswered question they want to answer,

they read a book/website/pubblication of Scientology and it totally make sense to them, they start studying it and applying what they have study.

That's how easy your answer is, and that's how it worked out for me.

Source(s): I'm a Scientologist.
  • 7 years ago

There are varying reasons, from person to person. Most people come in from taking a personality test or seeing a Dianetics commercial.

They start with self improvement and study courses and that's what gets them involved. At first, it's just represented as something that will help them in their lives. As time passes, though, members are encouraged to escalate and deepen their involvement. Thus does someone go from being a person taking a course, getting some auditing (counselling) or something like that, to someone who is fully involved.

Every church member is approached to join staff, sooner or later. Most members do join staff, if only for a while.

The more they do, the deeper they go. The deeper they go, the more is expected of them. Fundraisers, volunteer work, extra time on course, joining staff, then joining staff at a higher organization, getting family and friends into it.

So it starts out relatively low key and escalates from there.

• 7 years ago

They need a crutch. Just like with all other religions. Why do people decide to become Catholics,Jews,Muslims,Jehovahs etc? I guess they feel something missing in their lives that their chosen religion fills. If it rocks their boat, fair enough.

• 7 years ago

Need for a better life and having looked at and used some data from Scientology decide it's true for them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

They have very clever and subtle recruitment processes. like giving out free "stress tests" in the street - if you walk into one of their shops you'll be given the hard sell for one of their introductory courses - once they get you on one of those they'll start working on you to get you more and more roped in.

I went into one of their shops (centers, whatver they call them) about .. mustve been like 5 years ago - I naively gave my email address and a contact number (yes, Im an idiot - but they were very pushy .. I was brainwashed ! ha) - but yeah, I still get texts and calls and emails from them saying "Hi, its Barry remember you came into our store and was interested in XYX .. we have a free course on .." blah blah.

They market it pretty hard, I can see how people with issues in their lives or who are weak willed could be roped in initially. And once theyve got their claws into you they'll be pretty reluctant to let go.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

They have an ego-stroking pitch, basically they promise you, you can become like a God yourself, people driven by ego, tend to love that idea.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Simple minds....weak willed.......retarded idiots.....!

Take your pick...!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.