Should I accept this job offer?

I was recommended by my friend who worked in new wine company.

Based on my experienced with retails and adminstrative support with my current companies, I am currently paid with Singapore dollar of $1950 (basic pay) + $200 (commission).

After a successful interview with this new company. I was offered a letter of acceptance less than a week via email. However in the email, I was asked to state my expected salary. I know this is very tricky..

So I replied that I am accepting their job offer and the salary amount I am comfortable is $2,500.

I received a reply as follow:

" For this role of Retail Sales Executive we were offering $2000 plus an attendance bonus:

- $50 bonus per month that staff arrives on time for their shifts

- $50 bonus per month that staff takes no medical leave

We are also currently formulating our retail and wholesale commission structure for staff in sales roles. We are a new business, we are gathering sales data and working in consultation with our management team to devise a commission structure that is achievable, fair and motivates the team. This will be rolled out in the coming months.

Following our short meeting, I think you have great potential and your friend recommends you highly. For this reason we would increase our offer to $2,200 plus attendance bonus of $100 plus commission when that program commences in the near future.

We also offer other benefits such as regular wine tasting, education, 30% discount on wine and food and anniversary bonus.

We are looking for people that want to learn, excel and prosper as the business grows. For staff that stay with us long-term, we will offer trips to Australia to work in wineries and vineyards, and opportunities to work in other countries in Asia."

I know I should also consider this new company as my long term career development.

However, It is not just retail sales I will be taking care of. I will be expected to assist with sales in their retail stores , assist with corporate and tasting events with winemakers, provide some support to the wholesale team, assist with the launch of online website and also provide support in the wine cafe if needed from time to time. They also encourage me to use my photography skills to support their social media endeavours, like website, facebook, blog,etc.

Sounds overwhelming because it is more than a role of retail sales executive..but their future progress looks promising.. moreover they are still a newly set up company and are expanding. If I join, I will be one of their pioneer. I know their staff benefit is more exciting my my previous companies.

I am also worried that new company is still a new company, will it be stable for long term?

Thanks to everyone of you i advance for taking the time to read and answer my question. I am still deciding should I accept the offer.

Currently I am working non retail related work, I still get my weekends and public holidays off. I am paid $2,150. If I were to join this new company, I will have to work in retail more. So off days will be irregular and can't take off from work during public holiday. My friend told me that this new company is flexible in open discussion when any need arise though..

Favorite Answer

First of all, why do you want to quit your current job? If you are unhappy with your current job, I will support your decision to take up the retail job.

Personally, I think that the salary between the 2 jobs has not much difference. You have to make a big sacrifice if you were to switch job. You will have to sacrifice your weekends and public holidays. As you know, retail hours are less favorable and you will need to be prepared that you will spend lesser time with your family and friends and also lesser personal time.

You can still go for it if you want. If you think that the retail job is not your cup of tea, you can simply switched back to office job.

Good luck.

2

Source(s): #1 Online Paid Surveys : http://onlinesurveys.iukiy.com/?kBNJ

I think you should follow your heart and if it doesn’t work out you can come back home. I’m in the same position right now. I have a great career in the town I grew up and went to college in, but as most of my friends have moved away I’m starting to feel the itch. I admire all of my friends for having the courage to move weather they ha job offers or not, but I’m very scared to do the same.

To me it seems a nice job offer that you have got. And considering the current economic scenario, winery sector seems to be quite stable one. So you will have more prospects compared to your current job position.

Fill Surveys Get Cash : http://onlinesurveys.uzaev.com/?JlSz

What's the big deal? Try it and if it doesn't work out quit.

Maybe this could be a new beginning,I would go for it

• andy c

Pray about it

Source(s): Bible