Who will win the NY JETS QB competition between rookie Geno Smith and incumbent Mark Sanchez?

Ik most people don't care about the jets anymore including myself but I like the rookie and in rooting for him because I'm a big fan of wvu. Please answer maturely. Don't answer trying to be cute. Either mark or geno and why thank you

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If Geno performs admirably in the 3rd pre-season game then I believe Rex Ryan will name him the starter and ask Mark for a pay-cut to remain on the team as a mentor. But Sanchez does have the experience but the GM and Rex both love Geno but also expect great things from him.

I think Geno will start week 1 in Tampa and I wish him the best as I'm a fan of him as well, but he'll have to lose twice a year by my Patriots and by 5x AFC Conference Champion Tom Brady.

• Chase
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

The only way I see Geno Smith getting any playing time in the regular season is if Sanchez gets hurt or Rex Ryan gets fired

• 6 years ago

Mark Sanchez will start the regular season opener since he has more experience and understands the system better.

I doubt he will improve much from last year so i think Geno will eventually get a chance to start no later than mid season, since they have a second option to try (Geno).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.