Who will win the NY JETS QB competition between rookie Geno Smith and incumbent Mark Sanchez?

Ik most people don't care about the jets anymore including myself but I like the rookie and in rooting for him because I'm a big fan of wvu. Please answer maturely. Don't answer trying to be cute. Either mark or geno and why thank you

• ?
    Favorite Answer

If Geno performs admirably in the 3rd pre-season game then I believe Rex Ryan will name him the starter and ask Mark for a pay-cut to remain on the team as a mentor. But Sanchez does have the experience but the GM and Rex both love Geno but also expect great things from him.

I think Geno will start week 1 in Tampa and I wish him the best as I'm a fan of him as well, but he'll have to lose twice a year by my Patriots and by 5x AFC Conference Champion Tom Brady.

• Chase

The only way I see Geno Smith getting any playing time in the regular season is if Sanchez gets hurt or Rex Ryan gets fired

Mark Sanchez will start the regular season opener since he has more experience and understands the system better.

I doubt he will improve much from last year so i think Geno will eventually get a chance to start no later than mid season, since they have a second option to try (Geno).