What are some advantages of injectable polio vaccine compared to oral polio vaccine?

I hate needles.

• ~qx~
    Favorite Answer

If you are in the US, the only polio vaccine available is the IPV.

The LOPV was removed from the US in 2000. The reason for this decision was because the LOPV is the only cause of all polio cases from 1979 to 1999.

LOPV is used in Pakistan, India, and other 3rd world countries.

http://nsnbc.me/2013/05/08/bill-gates-polio-vaccin...

Mero Princess, in the previous I initiate my answer, enable me to civilly ultimate suitable you. Polio vaccine is injected lower than the floor or right into a muscle of the thigh/higher arm with the help of a well being care professional. This vaccine might want to no longer be injected rapidly right into a VEIN, for which the time period is “INTRAVENOUSLY”, as you write on your question. To wrestle poliomyelitis – polio – 2 diverse vaccines are used. One is an injected dose of inactivated (useless) poliovirus, advanced with the help of Jonas Salk. the different is an oral vaccine, which changed into advanced with the help of Albert Sabin, utilising stay-attenuated poliovirus. The attenuated poliovirus interior the Sabin vaccine replicates very effectively interior the gut, the standard website of an infection and replication, yet is unable to copy effectively interior frightened device tissue. Oral polio vaccine – OPV - changed into proved to be extra acceptable in administration with the help of eliminating the choose for sterile syringes and making the vaccine extra acceptable for mass vaccination campaigns. OPV also supplies longer lasting immunity than the Salk vaccine. sturdy success with your attempt/exam! ALL solutions might want to be thoroughly RESEARCHED, IN ANY communicate board and extremely in this ONE. - MANY solutions ARE incorrect. it is amazingly important to receive a correct diagnosis in the previous attempting to locate a treatment. Many diseases and stipulations share elementary indicators. the suggestion presented the following might want to no longer be used for the period of any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical problem. an licensed healthcare professional might want to be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all well being situations. wish this helps matador 89