Was i right or wrong in this work related situation?

Today my boss told me his boss needed 2 people to work tomorrow at the last minute. The reason? The original 2 that where supposed to work tomorrow couldn't show up so i was asked. I told him i wouldn't do it even though i do need the money. Why? To me it was principle. a few months ago back in May there... show more Today my boss told me his boss needed 2 people to work tomorrow at the last minute. The reason? The original 2 that where supposed to work tomorrow couldn't show up so i was asked. I told him i wouldn't do it even though i do need the money. Why? To me it was principle. a few months ago back in May there was a similar offer & i told them i would do it. when the day came my boss told me that his boss at the last minute didn't want me doing it b/c he said he heard from another co worker(who i found out was one who doesn't like me) that i messed up on an assignment the last time i was asked to work overtime even though that wasn't true. So i was cast aside at the last minute when i needed some serious overtime that weekend b/c of a lying co worker. Now I'm supposed to now say yes only b/c his original picks weren't going to be available & couldn't find anyone else ? To me if that didn't happen i wouldn't have even been considered to begin with. Was i right or wrong for this decision?
13 answers 13