Told to go to A&E by doctor?

This was my last question I posted about an injury after falling down some concrete steps and hurting my leg: Right where to start..... Basically 5 days ago I slipped down a few steps and landed strangely on my leg. Immediately there was a very sharp pain that shot up my leg but this subsided quite quickly.... show more This was my last question I posted about an injury after falling down some concrete steps and hurting my leg:

Right where to start.....

Basically 5 days ago I slipped down a few steps and landed strangely on my leg. Immediately there was a very sharp pain that shot up my leg but this subsided quite quickly. Within a few minutes I could put weight on my leg with moderate pain and with quite a bad limp. Afterwards I developed Swelling around my ankle, foot and lower leg along with quite strong bruising.

Three days on I still have the swelling bruising and keep getting random stabs of pain, sometimes severe sometimes moderate and there is always a constant dull ache. Also my lower leg feels.... strange, its hard to put it into words but it feels kind of wrong, very tingly and a bit numb with limited mobility. HOWEVER I can put weight on my leg, putting my shoe on is quite painful but I did a 30 minute walk today, though my leg felt very tired and quite painful after it.

If it was a break wouldnt it be unbearable to stand on? or are there smaller fractures? Ive had sprains before and this feels different, ive never felt this strange tingling / numbness or had this bruising before. I dont really like going to the doctors as I kind of have a stupid phobia of it :P but i suppose if i have to then I will.... im just undecided what to do atm....

Day 4: I was able to walk pretty good today, however walking up a slight hill caused alot of pain and at the end I could barely move my leg, seems to have swollen back up, but the pain is subsiding. In the evening I have got quite alot of pain and alot of cracking / popping sounds?

I posted this question before and someone said it is possibly a hairline fracture. I really think it is judging from what they said and the pain is getting worse and worse, ive heard Cracking noises coming from the leg to? I tried put an ankle support brace on and it made it worse.

Making an appointment for the doctors today since I fell over again for no reason, I have no balance whatsoever... fell on my upper thigh / hip now thats all bruised to >_>

Problem is though my doctor has misdiagnosed in the past, I had a torn tendon in my ankle before and he said it was sprained, it got worse and worse saw him a few months later THEN he told me what it was.... I dont want to go through the same thing again... = /

TODAY: I went to the doctors and told her what happened, she measured my foot / leg and theres was 4 CM swelling (is that alot?).

Because of the bruising, the type of fall, the swelling and the fact that i couldnt bear weight for any sustained periods of time she told me almost instantly to go to A&E to get an X - Ray.

She believed that is very possible a small fracture or she said it may even be an extremely bad strain , though ive had alot of strains in the past and its not been like this.

I have NEVER been in A&E before... my parents dont know that I actually had this accident and im freaking out about what to tell them when they come home, freaking out about how long i will have to wait, what the xray will be like. Im also scared either way about the result... if its a fracture i guess it will have to be cast up but if its some muscle thing then wont i just look like an idiot coming down for an xray?

Please help :(