Tom asked in 社會與文化語言 · 7 years ago

risk muscle怎麼翻中文比較好呢?

想問這句的翻譯

"Everyone has a ‘risk muscle’; you keep it in shape by trying new things. "

我暫時只會把

Everyone has a ‘risk muscle’

翻成讀起來怪怪的的「每個人都有一條冒險的肌肉。」,

因為想不出別的翻法了。想請教更好的翻法。

另外you keep it in shape by trying new things.

現在我翻成「你藉由嘗試新的事物來保持它的身材。」

怎麼翻能更好呢?感謝回答了^^

Rating
  • 幻星
    Favorite Answer

"Everyone has a‘risk muscle’; you keep it in shape by trying new things. If you don’t, it atrophies. Make a point of using it at least once a day.”

每個人體內都有冒險細胞,可以透過嘗試新事物來強化(維持)它,倘若你不去用它,它只會日益萎縮。 務必至少一天一次挑戰自我。

這句話出自 Roger Von Oech

句中risk muscle 不是真的muscle,而是比喻成冒險精神、冒險因子,要我們有挑戰新事物的勇氣。

keep someone in shape= keep something/someone in a good condition

>所以除了指維持好身材,它也有指維持在良好狀態

2013-08-24 00:48:07 補充:

DSG's answer is always better~

每個人身上總有一條『冒險肌』,你要時刻用新事物來操練它,保持它的強健。

2013-08-24 13:26:37 補充:

muscle,不單可解作肌肉,還可解作做事的威力 (might)。

• KL

每個人都有接受新事物的能力,但就像人身上的肌肉一樣,你要經常鍛煉它,讓它越來越強壯,才能夠接受更多的新事物。如果你一直不願意去嘗試新事物,這個能力就像不常使用的肌肉一樣會漸漸萎縮,遇到新事物時就越來越不容易吸收。

引用muscle來表示

1.天生的 每人都有的

2.越用越強的

3.要強不強是由你自己決定的

4.天資也是重要的

難怪我這愛冒險!

This is a quotation from Roger Von Oech: “Everyone has a ‘risk muscle’. You keep it in shape by trying new things. If you don’t, it atrophies. Make a point of using it at least once a day.”

Basically, "muscle" means one's action, such an action comes from one's thought and attitude. Especially, as people age, they become less and less bold, and are afraid of taking any risk. For example, you will hear people say:

I don’t have the time. I don’t have the money. I’m not smart enough. I’m not good enough. I could never do that. I’m too slow. I don’t know where to start.

The above sayings are referred as "risk muscle" to some people, so they don't take action, but just wait around and see. What Roger Von Oech tried to say is one shall not feel the action is risk, and hold one's own horse for going forward.

It is a philosophical thinking. If you really want to translate it, you might say "有風險的行動(行為)". It is somehow similar to Chinese say, "不入虎穴,焉得虎子", but not exactly. Chinese's statement talks about taking risk. Your questioned sentence emphasizes more about taking action. However, the result of "talking risk" or "taking action" is about the same.

On the other hand, "in shape" can be translated as "良好狀態"

I am not good with translation, so I just give you an idea what it means. The translation is just for your reference.

2013-08-24 00:54:28 補充:

By the way, you shall pay attention to "risk", it doesn't use "risky". "Risk", here, means "venture" or "gamble". As to "risky" means "dangerous" or "perilous".

2013-08-24 07:10:37 補充:

幻星! You are a humble person! This is for knowledge exchange, so every answer is worthy for a look. No matter how thorough a person might be, there will always be something overlooked