How do you calculate isothermal compressibility of nitrogen gas at standard temperature and pressure (STP)?

the molar mass of diatomic Nitrogen is 28g/mol

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Perhaps I misunderstand the question, but an isothermal compression of a gas....any gas at STP is inversely proportional to the pressure. in mathematical terms it can be expressed as:

PV = k

Where k is dependent upon the initial volume and pressure. If P = 1 atm. and V = 22.4 liters, then k =22.4liter atmospheres. Changing the volume in this case will cause the pressure to change via;

P = 22.4 liter atm./V.......I'm not sure this is what you're asking for. If it isn't, I hope someone else who has a better understanding of the question will help you.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do you calculate isothermal compressibility of nitrogen gas at standard temperature and pressure (STP)?

the molar mass of diatomic Nitrogen is 28g/mol

Source(s): calculate isothermal compressibility nitrogen gas standard temperature pressure stp: https://tr.im/P3QeY
  • 4 years ago

Compressibility Of Nitrogen

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

What the reaction 2NaN3---------> 2Na + 3N2 means in moles is that two moles of NaN3 produce two moles of Na and three moels of N2. But you don't need to calculate the number of moles. Using the equation of P1V1/T1 = P2V2/T2 you can correct for what the volumes would be at STP. P1=1.3 atm. V1 = 40.0 liters. T1= 301K. P2 will be 1 atm (standard pressure). T2 will be 273.16K (standard temperature). Plug those values in and you can solve for V2, the volume at STP. Simple.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.