H.O.P.E. Program: Rent to Own A Home?

I've come across these ads telling me to call a phone number (888) 920-4893 for a rent to own program for a house. It claims that even with bad credit, I can own a home. I called the number and the recording said it's called the H.O.P.E. Program, and it stands for Home Ownership is Possible with Education. It seems sketchy. Has anyone else come across one of these ads and came out with good results?

Also, I forgot to mention, these ads were posted on Craigslist. They at first pose as a posting for a home for rent, but when you click on the ad, it is a scarcely detailed post simply instructing to call the number for a rent-to-own program.

Favorite Answer

99.5% of all rent to own contracts are a scam. Don't fall for it. Instead you can get approved the regular way simply by renting normally for 1 year and paying all your bills on time. The basics for getting approved for an FHA loan is to have a credit score of 620, have no late payments in the previous 12 months and virtually no old debt. Rather than wasting your money on rent to own, be proactive and speak to a loan officer at one of the big banks in your town (not everyone offers FHA). They can run your credit and tell you what you need to resolve, as some things can be overlooked (like old medical debt). Good Luck

The h.o.p.e. program does work it depends on how much dedication u put into it. If u invest time u will get that house or rent to own home. All a person has to do is follow the steps if u don't then it might take u longer then someone who does. I believe in the h.o.p.e. program and I know it does work. It got me my home in 60days but that's is very a use I followed the steps and put dedication into it .just try it it does work

• Karen3 years agoReport

They are spamming me with phone calls, texts and emails. I have unsubscribed almost daily and they continue. When they call and I say remove my number from their system they hang up on me and call again later from a different number.

I actually just bought a home last year thanks to th HOPE program. I was pretty satisfied with their set up. What you misreisinterpreteted is that u can join the program w low credit score but u can't buy ahome w low credit. Their first step I was to help me raise my credit to get to 640. It's not a scam, you just didn't do enough research beforehand on buying a home. By the way, it's free program so not sure why you think it would be a scam. This was my first house and they figuratively held my hand every and walked me thru every step of an otherwise complicated and intimidating process. Just think of them as a virtual home ownership guide. Hope that helps

• They use the Lexington Law Group which is a legitimate company who does help clear any old items left on your credit report to help you raise your score so that you can qualify for a home owner's loan at a lower interest rate. I am in this program and it's worth it!!!!!

A close friend asked me if I wanted to get a place with her (she's not in the most ideal of situations, and even though I already am I like the idea of getting a place that would reduce my monthly expenses). I loved the idea since we have a lot in common and at the moment in my head it was a done deal, but the next morning I woke up feeling a bit of anxiety about the idea and realized it's not something to commit to right away because even with a good worthy friend it's still a very big step. I"m glad I came across this here, because I sure as anything don't want to get into a situation I can't get out of.

This company has pissed me off! I was told by a guy name Ronald who couldn't even speak very well that once I am transferred to Lexington Law and sign up with them the HOPE program will be able to help me find a Rent to Own home. I signs up with Lexington and call them back and then learn there is 3 different steps...I was like that wasn't what I was told. I was told once I signed up the next step would be getting place with a case management worker to find me a home to rent to own...and that isn't how the program works...This company needs to stop lying to people...I don't mine the fixing your credit part...but when you tell me you have lots of houses on the rent to own program and you can place me in a home it bull crap...the lady I spoke with told me you have to find someone who doesn't mine leasing to you who wants to put there home up for sale .....They suck...so mad right now...

I have started to work with Lexington Law via the HOPE program as well. Thus far they have removed many items my score hasn't increased alot but they are doing what they said they would. I have not been able to speak with the HOPE program since beginning with Lexington however their number is listed in the comments above and I will try to contact them. It is reassuring to hear that someone has purchased a home with this program.

Received a call today from these people. They sound very persuading. However, I always like to research a company or group before doing business with them. The H.O.P.E Program is free. The credit repair part is NOT. They refer you to Lexington Law, who has a "B" grade with the BBB. However, everything that a credit repair company can do for you LEGALLY you can do for yourself FREE. They mentioned a 90 day program would be $99/mth. That's $300 for a 90 day program that would get me to a 640. However, they WOULD NOT guarantee that. *RED FLAG* so I am 99% sure I will not be dealing with this group. I am going to continue my research!

• Hope is free. They just asked me to pay for my own credit repair, which I understand. And then they bring me to their lenders and get me a 0 down loan.

• I am working with Lexington through the Hope Program and am almost to my 90 day mark, and my score is above a 700 starting out it was a 490.

• Joel4 years agoReport

Well I am happy for those who experience the good of Lexington, however my wife was with Lexington well over 90 days and her score hasn't changed or budged from the 490.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/38Xqv

Around here they are few and far between...Why don't you just get a mortgage and do it like everyone else..A rent to own or a lease purchase will do nothing in the long run for you except cost you money....After all, the owner is hoping the whole time you will default!..ss