Question about Windows 8...?

Up until now, I've been using a laptop from 2004, with Windows XP on it. Now, I'm getting a brand new laptop with Windows 8. As someone who is used to using Windows XP with a keyboard and mouse, is there anything I should know about Windows 8?

• Mr. T
    Favorite Answer

Windows 8 may be a little intimidating at first glance. Windows 8 is Windows 7 with a START screen and an APP screen which incorporates the START button on W7.

W8 works just fine with a mouse. I'm on a Desktop with W8 and a mouse. There are no issues.

Behind the START screen is the Desktop screen which is identical to W7. Press the Windows Key & BOOM → W7

A few things to get you started. The corners of the screen are trigger points. →

Bottom LH → Start Screen

Top LH → Open Programs/ APPS

Bottom RH → Desktop Screen

Top RH → CHARMS Menu, (Search, Share, Start, Devices, Settings) which also displays the time & date

WINDOWS KEY (to the right of the Ctrl Key)

Windows Key → START Screen

Windows Key + →

C → CHARMS Menu START

D or M → Desktop Screen

F → Search Files

H → Share

I → Search Settings → Control Panel

K → Second Screen

L → Lock Computer (your logon password required to unlock)

P → setup options for a second monitor

Q → Search Apps

W → Search Settings

X → START Icon Menu

> → Align Right

+ → Magnifier

0 - 9 → Items on the Task Bar

Enjoy

\☺\

They are pretty easy to get comfortable with and also you can crack them now. For better performace i turn off most of the graphic features and turn on start button.

If you need to crack them you can check out this http://windows8loader.com/ worked last time i checked.

Windows 8 is rubbish! Difficult to use, no start button, calender and date keeps popping up at random moments when unwanted. I can't find 'my computer' , 'my pictures' or 'may documents'. When attempting to insert and read a CD the disc runs but the screen shows nothing.

I really can not understand why MS had to take something that worked well and ruin it by making it more difficult and less user friendly just to do the things I have been doing for years now.

Swiping from the left sometimes works and sometimes does not, then works un-bidden.

I really think this is a retro grade step by Microsoft.

I hate windows 8.

Windows 8 is designed for use with touchscreen monitors.

You can upgrade your machine to windows 8.1 through Store and new update of windows 8.1 update 1 is more compatible with keyword and keyword.

Personally I love it. There's an awesome mail app where you can combine all of your accounts! It does work best with touch screens, though. I love the customization!

Be prepared to spend quite a substantial amount of time on just personalisations

Just wanted to recommend http://www.key4buy.com