Girls, have you been to school wearing barefoot sandals?

I'm a 17 year old girl from Germany. I bought a pair of barefoot sandals in Florida this year during my summer holidays and I'm thinking about wearing them (instead of "real" shoes) to school when the new school year begins next week. I loved to wear them on holiday but I'm a bit shy about... show more I'm a 17 year old girl from Germany. I bought a pair of barefoot sandals in Florida this year during my summer holidays and I'm thinking about wearing them (instead of "real" shoes) to school when the new school year begins next week. I loved to wear them on holiday but I'm a bit shy about doing this at home. Barefoot sandals are hardly known in Germany and I will for sure get a lot of comments about my feet. Does anyone of you have experiences with going to school in barefoot sandals? What reactions did you get? And would you do it again?
Update: To prevent misunderstandings: I talk about this special kind of foot jewelry, not about "normal" sandals. Wearing barefoot sandals to school would mean I would actually go barefoot, just with "stylish" feet :-).